Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Fallen Moroni ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 12:43AM

Just wanted to return and report. In the week we've been live, our Facebook page against invasive interviews has received 509 "likes" and nearly 3,000 unique users have clicked, commented on, or shared a post 9,431 times. Over 24,000 people have seen at least one of our posts.

Many thanks to everyone for sharing the page and posting the link in other forums.

Now that we're getting some traction, I'd like to coordinate with some of the bloggers who -- from what I've been told -- are coordinating a letter writing campaign. Another goal is to work with some journalists to really amp up public awareness.

--Fallen Moroni

https://www.facebook.com/pages/No-More-End-Mormons-Sexually-Invasive-Interviews-of-Children/503622079732706

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:41AM

Great Job FM!!!!

I don't want to seem like a nag, but is there anyway to add another wrinkle on this page where we just get the word out to the youth not to confess anything and why (embarrassment, gossip, bishop starting the grapevine, only cult's do this, etc).

I feel this will be much more effective, efficient, and soul enriching (for the youth) than getting BKKKP to agree to a policy change.

Anyway, Great Job!

Posted by: spicyspirit ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:53AM

Woohoo!! History in the making!

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 02:09AM

Thanks for creating that FB page, Fallen Moroni and also for this update. It's interesting to see the numbers. I hope it keeps growing!

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 05:27AM

Posted by: Rambo ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 11:12AM

I really hope this gets huge! Thanks Fallen Moroni!

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 11:13AM

A wonderful page with a lot of insight into the experiences of others. I've liked it and already my friends are starting to ask me about it. The word is spreading :)
And what's this about a letter writing campaign? Would you have any more details on that at the moment?

Posted by: Fallen Moroni ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 05:11PM

No details on the letter writing campaign as of yet. A blogger contacted me and said she is in the process of coordinating something. I'll provide more details once I get the scoop.

--Fallen Moroni

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 06:17PM

I posted to this. Thanks for putting it up.

I've been asked sexually specific questions all growing up. They didn't end until AFTER my mission. Every mission president interview I was asked if I masturbated.

It is more than just children. Until you pass well into adulthood LDS Inc.'s multilevel marketeers wanna know about your sexuality to determine if you are worthy. Total totalitarian abuse accepted as JESUS CHRIST's way of doing business...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.