Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 10:43PM

he mentioned that he had gone to SLC last weekend to see a cousin get married in the SLC temple. So I quite smartly asked him if he went to City Creek. He said yes and just went and on about how great it was.

There was a time I thought he might be NOMish, but I don't believe that anymore. I mentioned that I've been reading about the mall and the controversy about tscc building it and perhaps using tithing money!

...crickets...crickets...and then finally a response. He said he was glad the church built it to protect the temple...

I figured I'd drop that topic since he was getting ready to drill and fill 2 cavities.

Anti dentite anyone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 10:48PM

I never get into a controversy with a man holding a straight razor, scalpel....or dental tools.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 10:52PM

Posted by: Southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 11:05PM

Dennis Moore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he mentioned that he had gone to SLC last weekend
> to see a cousin get married in the SLC temple. So
> I quite smartly asked him if he went to City
> Creek. He said yes and just went and on about how
> great it was.
>
> There was a time I thought he might be NOMish, but
> I don't believe that anymore. I mentioned that
> I've been reading about the mall and the
> controversy about tscc building it and perhaps
> using tithing money!
>
> ...crickets...crickets...and then finally a
> response. He said he was glad the church built it
> to protect the temple...
>
> I figured I'd drop that topic since he was getting
> ready to drill and fill 2 cavities.
>
> Anti dentite anyone?

Say what!!?? The morg built the great mall to protect the temple? From who or what exactly?!

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 11:10PM

Yeah, isn't that what that wall and all those security guards are for?

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 11:20PM

The logic there is that the great and spacious mall will help reverse the urban decay in the temple area.

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 09:02AM

squeebee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The logic there is that the great and spacious
> mall will help reverse the urban decay in the
> temple area.

Is that tooth decay or urban decay??? :)

Posted by: Yaqoob ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 12:06AM

You know you are TBM when...

You think it's cool that the church makes massive amounts of money from its reinvestment of tithing dollars.

Tried myself dropping those little poo nuggets on TBMs myself...never works. I just default to telling them its the largest hoax on humans since Islam.

Posted by: Yaqoob ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 12:09AM

It is a fuckin awesome mall FYI. Beats the shit out of lousy though nostalgic Crossroads. Come to think of it I may have paid $1k in tithing or so, which makes me an investor. Wonder if I can ever get my payout.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 12:12AM

"Jesus wants us to invest billions of dollars in real estate and merchandising to protect his buildings." He's come a long way since the Sermon on the Mount.

Posted by: myexperience ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 12:33AM

Oh god. That reminds me of when I went to an arrogant TBM dentist and had gone to BYU. It was the first time going to him. He asked if I was going to get braces and I told him yes. He said rudely, "well maybe you should" I wanted to cry because I had horrible scary teeth and was sensitive about them. To give you an idea, your upper teeth should cover only about 10% of your lower teeth....mine covered 95%. Talk about an overbite.

That was the day an arrogant tbm made a 17yr old girl cry.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 11:23AM

My old TBM dentist was horrid too. It was obvious I needed braces, but he decided on no basis at all that my family was too poor to afford two kids in braces and insisted I didn't need them because my sister's were worse. Yes, she definitely needed them more than I did, but if I had gotten them too at a reasonable age, I wouldn't have had to do it at 35 when my teeth started breaking due to my horrible bite
My upper right teeth are misaligned by a whole tooth, due to a fall when I was very little. Resulting in TMJ and a very crooked face.
I had greater than 95% occlusion in the front too, and in order to get braces, they had to also install bite tabs. Little pegs, one on each side of my mouth to keep my teeth from meeting, since the lower braces would have been popped right off by my upper teeth.
My teeth have not met for almost a year now. I'm at about ten months of only being able to chew using these two little pegs. But my face isn't crooked anymore, and my dimples line up now.
Fucking mormon dentist thinking he knew better. HE NEVER EVEN ASKED IF MY FAMILY COULD AFFORD BOTH KIDS IN BRACES!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.