Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MariaB ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 11:06PM

What is the significance of a white line sticker being placed on a missionaries name tag when he or she is in the MTC?

I'm looking at a friend's photos who is in the MTC. All of the missionaries entered the MTC at the same time, but only one of them has a white bar sticker on his name tag...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MariaB ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 11:08PM

Posted by: anon this time ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 11:29PM

I could be wrong but isn't it just the clip holding it onto his pocket?

Posted by: MTC Inmate ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 12:03PM

We'd get a little dot sticker added to our badge every week. You could tell how many weeks each missionary had been there just by counting the dots.

I imagine this is something similar. District leader? Teacher's pet? Biggest suck up to the Branch President? Whatever it is, I'm sure it's stoopid.

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 12:14PM

I believe that is the white sticker that says "solo". Sometimes they would have odd numbers of missionaries, like a district with only one sister in it, so she would get a sticker that notifies that she is a "solo" sister, so that people don't freak out seeing her without a companion. Apparently they don't have that problem with sisters anymore, but with elders. It isn't a super common thing, but I saw it in the MTC, and it was explained to me there.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 12:24PM

Clever name for a blog. I don't know the answer to your question but it surprised me that, seeing those pictures. I felt slightly homesick until I remembered what my friend Laura posted on her FB page recently about her ex: "I don't miss you, I miss who I thought you were." I don't miss Mormonism but sometimes I miss who and what I thought it was.

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 12:44PM

That is a great sentiment and one I have felt many times. I miss my delusion, I miss your deception, I miss my prior world view. However, like Plato's cave, you can't go back. Not to that ex, not to that cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2013 12:44PM by newatthis.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.