Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 08:29AM

I'm assuming you mean Mormon middle-aged women, because I'm 52 and I don't believe I've ever given a thought to such things.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aussie Lurker ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 09:08AM

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 10:55AM

It's been awhile since I've been exposed to men so misogynist as to call women clucky hens, breeding sows, heiffers and old hags. Your mother should be proud.

I doubt you have anything to worry about with women "obsessed with your virility."

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 12:09PM

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 12:02PM

Sometimes they turn into the kind of woman whose technique would have made Bishop Snow go absolutely green with envy.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 12:07PM

I'm no misogynist, but I do refer to certain types of TBM wives as "uneducated house fraus". These are the women who glory in their dependence, relish gossip, pray for adversity, etc. I make a point of avoiding them.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 12:58PM

Criticizing a woman's mentality or behavior is fair game. I wouldn't say your criticism is misogyny.

Aussie degrading women's bodies is not an exchange of ideas or criticism of behaviors or attitudes.

The misogyny of Aussie's post involves speaking of women's bodies as though they are animals because they don't conform to his liking. Women's bodies belong to themselves and whatever his feelings about a woman's body or her beliefs she is not an animal deserving to be degraded. (Not that animals should be degraded either.)

I have no problem with men or women criticizing small mindedness in a particular group of women based on cultural or religious indoctrination.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 01:42PM

M-m-m-m-m-m! Virile young men!

Yeah, producing babies is proof of a man's virility--riiiiiight.

Being a stud for a litter of kids is a Mormon man's way of overcompensating, if you know what I mean. You know, the same way tiny non-Mormon men like to drive fancy, oversized vehicles. It has nothing to do with the wimmin-folks at all.

You've been in the outback too long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2011 01:43PM by forestpal.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.