Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: happyhollyhomemaker ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 02:54PM

This is what I have as my new facebook status:
"Dear LDS friends and family:
Despite my constant requests, you continue to clog up my newsfeed with your "every member a missionary" semi-annual annoy people to Mormonism campaign. Please, go clean your chapels and watch your new temple movie and focus your energies on your holy busy work that assists the world in no way whatsoever. You are all blocked until further notice."

The fact that I even have to make this a public status should show not just my FB friends, but the gaggle of septuagenarians whose stupid idea this was, that this facebook proselytizing isn't working out. Why can't they just go back to posting recipes of high-fat, high-carb casseroles?? That was far less annoying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 02:59PM

Good one. I love just coming right out with it. No punches pulled. Yeah!

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 03:31PM

Did you really block them? Because if you did, they won't be able to see your status.

Date: August 28, 2013 04:54PM

Was also sent as PM to all of them...

Posted by: Nevermo1 ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 03:47PM

Have you had any response?

Date: August 28, 2013 04:56PM

In fact, yes. A friend posted excerpts from "the book of Mormon" Broadway play all over my wall. :-) she knows me too well.

Posted by: DishyDoodle ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 04:18PM

I got so sick of one of my nephew's FB postings publicly lambasting my sister for leaving TSCC that I cut and pasted on his preachy little FB profile the following quote from Joseph Smith:

"Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go." (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 408, 409)

He and his bride unfriended me. All I did was post his beloved profit's own words. Was that so wrong?

;-)

Posted by: hhh ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 04:59PM

I should follow in your footsteps.
I will get out my journal of discourses!! That is a compendium of stupidity if ever there was one! And how can they disagree or argue? After all, it is the "prophet"!!

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 05:07PM

No offense but that's freakin stupid! It's so ridiculous how they get offended when you post direct quotes of what their FOUNDER and PROPHET said!!

We just need to say "Don't get offended at the person that posted it. Get offended at the prophet!" It's the strangest logic I've ever seen!

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 05:10PM

Logic has nothing to do with it. It's loyalty.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 05:13PM

It's tempting to re-friend my TBM friends and family so I can reoffend them. My initial offense was to post my five favorite Book of Mormon racist scriptures with no commentary. I guess the Book of Mormon qualifies as anti-Mormon literature. According to my former friend, "Those scriptures are not taught, and you know it!"

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 05:16PM

Awesome, which ones are they?

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 02:12PM

Hold your nose...
1Nephi 13:15 And I beheld the Spirit of the Lord, that it was upon the Gentiles, and they did prosper and obtain the land for their inheritance; and I beheld that they were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful, like unto my people before they were slain.
2Nephi 5:21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
Alma 3:6 And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.
Jacob 3:8 O my brethren, I fear that unless ye shall repent of your sins that their skins will be whiter than yours, when ye shall be brought with them before the throne of God.
Jacob 3:9 Wherefore, a commandment I give unto you, which is the word of God, that ye revile no more against them because of the darkness of their skins; neither shall ye revile against them because of their filthiness; but ye shall remember your own filthiness, and remember that their filthiness came because of their fathers.
3 Nephi 2:15
And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites.

Posted by: homoerectus ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 07:43PM

So.... it wouldn't be considered politically correct in Utah to call my mormon native american neighbor: "my former white-skinned brother"?

Posted by: samuellflyinghorse ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 04:18AM

stealing!!

Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 05:08AM

LOVING IT! Gotta get back on FB!

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 11:43AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.