Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 07:52PM

To your social security? Is it legal? Can you do this if you have disabilities? Does anyone know anything about this? I think there might be a TV ad about this. Im not sure for certain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 07:57PM

Pure BS.

The amount you get in your SS is calculated based on historical earnings over a 35-year period (adjusted for inflation) and your age at time of retirement.

Anyone trying to tell you you can get an extra thousand per month is trying to scam you.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 09:47PM

I read a simular article. All it said was delay taking payment as long as possible.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 10:03PM

If you're near retirement age, as I am, 66 is the age you can start drawing without a penalty. If you wait longer that that, the money you would have gotten is added on top of your eventual benefits. It would be possible to get $1000 more per month if you waited several years after turning 66. All this info is available from the official govt. SS administration's web site, which is the only thing I'd trust to be right. There are tons of scammers out there trying to sell info, get you to pay them for something useless, etc. You'd think people as old as I would be smart enough to avoid them, but stupid knows no age.

Posted by: heypal ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 10:43PM

What you draw from SS is calculated for the age you begin receiving benefits. If you draw early (age 62) you lose about 25% of the amount you'd draw if you waited till age 66. If you start drawing early, you can refile at a later age and draw a larger amount but you would have to first REPAY all of the benefits you've received to that point. My advise is to start collecting as soon as you can...a bird in the hand and all that.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 01:46AM

I've been watching a documentary about this on Netflix. Looks like you need chemistry skills, and an RV. It helps if you can practice your chemistry in the desert and you will need to find a method of distribution of your product. It can be hazardous for various reasons... Your mileage may vary.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.