Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 10:42AM

All of this talk lately about dream cars, and best vehicles ever driven has gotten me thinking. As usual you apostates all so wrong. Let me explain, the true order of cars, the one and great vehicle, as intelligently designed by Elohim himself, and passed down to mankind through his servant, President Romney Sr. is the GMC Hornet.

Now, I know what a lot of you are thinking. Wasn't the Hornet a crap car? Blasphemy, the problem wasn't with the car, but with the worthiness of the drivers and passengers. Did your clutch give out? Obviously you were masturbating. Bad transmission? More masturbating. Did you car seem to come with some factory defects? No, the problem was your defect in touching your little factory. Bald tires? You are supposed to diligently change those, which you wouldn't have had to do as often if you paid a full and honest tithe.

Also, as I have pointed out in another post, there are no such things as empty temple parking lots, as they are always overflowed with righteous Mormon temple goers's very own GMC Hornets, which you simply can not see, because your spiritual eyes are not finely tuned to see them. Of course these super righteous TBM families know that they have been truly blessed with such wonderful cars, so they only drive them on special occasions, such as going to the temple, or to volunteer in the local community, or other common Mormon activities that you somehow think they slack on.

Why is it you are only hearing about this now? Because the owners of all these special cars are really humble, and don't brag about them, and because when the subject was brought up, your ears were deaf to it, because you were busy thinking unclean thoughts about that young hot girl who recently got kicked out of the singles ward for being a single mom, and has started showing up to sacrament meeting in those short knee length skirts. You dirty perverts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 11:57AM

AMC. Can you say Matador, Gremlin, Hornet?

Truly inspired by God.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 12:18PM

You forgot the Pacer. How could you forget the Pacer?

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 06:16PM

The first 4WD Station Wagon.

Posted by: DaveNotinTX ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 06:23PM

No, the Jeep Wagoneer would be the first family style station wagon, by many many years......

Posted by: davesnothere ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 04:44AM

Also forgot The Javelin....had a 1969 one for awhile and was a fun car to drive and look sharp as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2013 04:45AM by davesnothere.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 12:24PM

I actually liked the Pacer; if Mr. Potato Head had a car, he'd drive a Pacer....

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 12:36PM

Ow. I forgot about the humiliation I endured growing up because of my mom's hunter green Hornet Sportabout wagon. Automatic transmission. Ugh. Damned thing stalled on my driver's test too.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 12:50PM

Hey, you forgot the Javelin!

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 01:37PM

The AMX is badass. Even today. And worth about $50k if straight and original.

The rest of the AMC lineup was equally badass...as long you could keep you hands off yourself. haha

Posted by: DavenotinTX ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 06:26PM

The AMX rivaled all the other muscle cars of it era. Truly badass! And I didn't think the Javelin was that bad either. The rest of them sucked.....

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 06:33PM

One of the best looking muscle cars of all time IMO. I think Mark Donahue drove the hell out of them in the old Can-Am series.

My bud bought one out of a guy's storage shed for $1700 bucks about 25 years ago. All original Hugger Orange...still has it.

Love the "Number XX of XX" tags on each dashboard.

And the rest of AMC was truly junk. They tried to build cars on the cheap and were the ultimate definition of "planned obsolescence."

I can see Mittster's old man's influence all over that strategy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2013 06:35PM by iflewover.

Posted by: caffiend not logged in. ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 06:13PM

I lost my virginity in an AMC Nash Rambler to a Missy Mormon. Still haven't gotten Peter Presthood um straightened out quite right.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 09:48PM

Rambler's were great. Dad loved that car too. Drove one in '69-70 all my guy friends wanted to drive it since it had so much power. Let one drive it around the parking lot once. I know foolish.

Posted by: southbound ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 06:17PM

Drove a Hornet on my mission. Used it and abused it.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 06:20PM

Hey, wait! Didn't the missionaries all drive AMC cars . . . And wasn't Mitt's dad the head of AMC???? No wonder they were the true order of cars!

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 06:28PM

The hornet was originally the hot car for Hudson Motor Car Co.
1952-3-4
It went bust and evolved into the George Romney Car family AKA American motors.

Posted by: Checker of minor facts ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 09:16PM

The V8 powered Gremlin was a hot little number. My cousin had one, and it would break loose if you punched it! But of course, he couldn't touch my 68 Boss Mustang. ;)

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 09:53PM

There was a Hornet before AMC, the Hudson Hornet. I got to drive one once.. It was considered fast for it's time, early 1950's. Now they're becoming a desirable classic!

I owned one AMC product. It was a 1966 Rambler American two-door hardtop. This was a good-looking little car with a big straight-6 and was pretty quick for a Rambler. It's classic lines still resonate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carphotosbyrichard/6224270309/

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 02:07AM

I had a yellow Javelin with a black vinyl top. I was 23 and single.

I had a lot of fun when I owned that car. A lot of trips between Portland and Seattle.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 02:21AM

I was a Mish in Detroit, Papa Romney was there...
I forget if he was both Gov & SP at the same time, but I sat in SC with him speaking, he seemed pretty OK. After, we drove to his house but weren't invited in.

Missionaries... people in Detroit thought we were cops or FBI!
We lived in a member's basement apt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2013 02:53AM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 05:53AM

What about the righteous Pinto? One of my aunts had a bada$$ (or not) orange and white Pinto hatchback with optional exploding gas tank. After they had a few kids, they traded up to a Pinto wagon in avocado green with gen-u-i-ne (or not) wood paneling. Oy@the 70's.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.