Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Beato ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 11:50AM

Ancient prophets received revelations regarding the works and deeds of many people,tribes,and kingdoms related to Israel. But current prophets have been unable to say what the Lord thinks about the chemical attacks targeting civilians in Syria, and the justification of possible air strikes against that country.
Ancient prophets were not silent about what happened around their world, and others like Jeremiah suffered because their prophecies were not convenient to their people and goverments

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 12:18PM

Tommy: ....the widow next door really could use a gas mask. To quote the poet "bombs were dropped, gas was breathed, death was shaaaaaared". Withe the birth of the babe in Bethlehem ther emerged a great endowment, a wealth more lasting Han the coins of Cesar......

I think he is capable of only rehashing his scripted Christmas message with a few minor variations to accommodate the widows.

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 01:27PM

Mum's the word on the middle east...the people there aren't ready to receive the gospel yet.

Meaning, there aren't any tithe payers there, so it's no concern of ours.

"...death was shaaared." Yep, that's about the extent of the concern.

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 12:19PM

Aw shucks. Okay, Monson hasn't said anything about Syria..but hey, he had this great story this one time about he visited a widow..
ETA: Darn, chezzus beat me to it ;P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2013 12:20PM by msp.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 12:22PM

It was just too obvious.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 12:54PM

Who was the last prophet to actually give a prophecy? It had to be 100+ years ago. What do you call a seer that doesn't see anything?...or a prophet that doesn't give prophecy? A teacher?...demented?...a conman?

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 01:35PM

Tommy: "Hey Boyd, fire up Google Earth."

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 05:43PM

"Is that in Europe?"

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 06:51PM

Many other churches and groups of churches have published pages announcing their opposition to any invasion of Syria.

TSCC supports the war machine, so they keep silent.

Posted by: exmofo ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 06:56PM

"Syria Shmeria...who the flip cares. Uchey, did you take my last twinkie? Henry, how you coming on my next widow story. Boyd, can you see my little factory in these pants...where's my tailor."

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 07:33PM

I found this article in the Logan Utah paper interesting.

http://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/article_c63a356c-ff15-11e2-bcfe-0019bb2963f4.html

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 07:46PM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1007139

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2013 07:47PM by steve benson.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 07:52PM

"Ancient prophets received revelations regarding the works and deeds of many people,tribes,and kingdoms related to Israel."

No they didn't. Nobody has ever received a revelation ever.

Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 08:02PM

Maybe he could talk to Brother Beck and get an idea.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 08:11PM

Is it possible that past and current apostles and prophets of the Morg are quiet for a reason? You bet they are. They say they are politically neutral. Hogwash!

Since the 15 grand wizards cannot prophecy about future events that are out of their control, they remain silent cowards in their protective Mormon cocoon. Why? If they accidently take the wrong side in a current political conflict (e.g. Syria) then the permission to do future Morgbot missionary proselytizing work in that country could be severely curtailed or refused in the future. So, the dumb 15 remain purposely silent and won’t take sides.

Just examine how bad their stance was which backfired with regard to the California Prop 8 issue.

Posted by: Tommy Monson ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 08:18PM

Mein Bruder, Mein Bruder

The clarion call of the whipper will.

Hearts were gladdened, testimonies strengthened, faith restored.

Yea, even my mentor, Gordon B. Hinckley once said, we have had enough revelation.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 09:06PM

I’m sure that TSM will be as insightful as past LDS leaders were about Iraq, Rwanda, Bosnia, Vietnam, Korea and every other conflict in the past 183 years.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 07:11AM

Surely the correct response to events in Syria is...

"Let's go shopping!"

Tom in Paris
back from holiday in the UK

Posted by: Beato ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 04:11PM

that's right, let's go shopping is the only available revelation from the Lord to the church in 21st century...But, why the Lord is so worried about a Mall?

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 10:00AM

No tats, gays are bad, don't double pierce your ears, only wear white shirts, etc.

These are the petty, backwards pronouncements from the "Prophet" of God over the past decade. Nothing about Iraq or the 2008 Financial Collapse. Nothing about global warming or AIDS or poverty or anything that really matters.

It's all superficial, conservative and useless. Monson couldn't predict the weather without watching the local news.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 04:12PM

The drool heard 'round the world.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 05:16PM

" I prefer loganberry over maple on my pancakes......say...are going to finish that diet pepsi?

Posted by: blackholesun ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 06:30PM

Maybe the recent "historic" changes to the missionary program are the Lord's way of repsonding to the current crisis in the Middle East.

Do the thousands of displaced Syrian refugees know that Mormon missionaries are now availiable to give guided tours of local LDS meetinghouses? What better way kill some time and escape the heat of the refugee camp by shooting some hoops with the elders from Spanish Fork (are there stake centers in Jordan?).

And as those frightened Syrian civilians are trying to survive our airstrikes they can chat with the missionaries on their iphones and ask all those burning questions they have like: "is the garden of eden in america?" and "do i need to know secret handshakes to be with my family in heaven?"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.