Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mobegone ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 12:19PM

And your tongue cut out too? I mean, I was just thinking about the concept of a "forever family". And that you can only be with your family forever in the CK. So if me and all my extended family and pals go to the Telestial or Terrestrial kingdoms, what keeps us from hanging out with eachother? If I can see them and talk to them, why wouldn't I? So am I going to be invisible? Or is it more of a Mormon temple ritual thing where I get my eyes and tongue destroyed so I can't see or talk to family members?

Of course, if I really want a forever family, I'm probably better off not going to the CK. I mean, hardly anyone is going to make it there anyway, and the ones who do are the boring prudes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 12:25PM

Eww gross. No. What kind of a Heavenly Father would do that stuff. Instead, you get castrated. See how humane gawd is.

Posted by: mobegone ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 12:27PM

LOL, I had forgotten about the castration thing. I remember being around 15 and listening to some missionaries and HP group members in the hall discussing how only the men who reach the CK get to keep their penises. I am not kidding.

Maybe instead of "forever families" the LDS church should try a new "keep your penis" initiative.

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 12:33PM

Castrated? Seriously?! What the heck?

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 12:29PM

No you silly silly person. Thats all just a myth. Your only going to get a "TK Smoothie". Heaven is going to be so wonderful!

“…those who go to the celestial kingdom (that’s the best one, btw) will be able to eternally pro-create.”

A technical, but major correction: Only those receiving the highest degree of glory in the Celestial Kingdom, those who are exalted, will be able to procreate. Those who are in the two lesser degrees in the CK, are not exalted, and will live singly and separately, not having increase or spiritual progeny, DC 131:1-4, 132:17.

Via the mercy of God, and the atonement of the Savior, keeping the covenants of baptism are the key to entry into the Celestial Kingdom.
Via the mercy of God, and the atonement of the Savior, keeping the covenants of the temple ordinances, including celestial marriage, are the key to exaltation.
December 19, 2006

Here is the quote of interest:

In both of these kingdoms [i.e., the terrestrial and telestial] there will be changes in the bodies and limitations. They will not have the power of increase, neither the power or nature to live as husbands and wives, for this will be denied them and they cannot increase. Those who receive the exaltation in the celestial kingdom will have the “continuation of the seeds forever.” They will live in the family relationship. In the terrestrial and in the telestial kingdoms there will be no marriage. Those who enter there will remain “separately and singly” forever. Some of the functions in the celestial body will not appear in the terrestrial body, neither in the telestial body, and the power of procreation will be removed. I take it that men and women will, in these kingdoms, be just what the so-called Christian world expects us all to be – neither man nor woman, merely immortal beings having received the resurrection.
(Doctrines of Salvation. vol. 2, pg. 287-288.)

Date: January 31, 2011 12:34PM

And how do you get to the highest tier in the Celestial Kingdom? You have to be a polygamist. or at least that's what they used to teach. So only polygamous men get to keep their tiny little penises.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2011 12:39PM by Freevolved.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 12:29PM

Keeping my penis does seem a better motivation on those days when I've pissed off Mrs Truthseeker or find the kids behavior irritating.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 12:31PM

that no one has ever died and gone to Heaven, then returned to Earth and told us all the details. No one knows any specifics about the hereafter.

The reason nothing makes any sense, is that it is a bunch of hooey.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 03:21PM

I think "singleness" and "seperateness" sounds kind of peaceful. To come and go as you please... sounds kind of nice to me.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 03:24PM

Sounds like a joke, but it's actual doctrine.

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 04:16PM

I have never heard that your genitals would be confiscated if you don't go to the CK. Where can I find that? I would love to ask my mom about that and see how she squirms out of it.

Date: January 31, 2011 06:29PM

Sorry, my eyes are too weak right now to find it for you but it should be fairly easy to find.

Can someone help?

Date: January 31, 2011 06:43PM

I don't have access to a computer. I've seen about 5 quotes on it, though I'm sure there are more. One of my seminary teachers also taught that we would all become Ken dolls if we didn't make it to the CK. When I get to a comp. I'll post stuff on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2011 06:45PM by Freevolved.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 06:52PM

Here is the quote of interest:

Please take note that the book is called "Doctrines" and not "opinions". However we all know that once your dead your "doctrines" can die with you, if the currents leaders see fit that is.

Joseph Fielding Smith "Doctrines of Salvation"

In both of these kingdoms [i.e., the terrestrial and telestial] there will be changes in the bodies and limitations. They will not have the power of increase, neither the power or nature to live as husbands and wives, for this will be denied them and they cannot increase. Those who receive the exaltation in the celestial kingdom will have the “continuation of the seeds forever.” They will live in the family relationship. In the terrestrial and in the telestial kingdoms there will be no marriage. Those who enter there will remain “separately and singly” forever. Some of the functions in the celestial body will not appear in the terrestrial body, neither in the telestial body, and the power of procreation will be removed. I take it that men and women will, in these kingdoms, be just what the so-called Christian world expects us all to be – neither man nor woman, merely immortal beings having received the resurrection.
(Doctrines of Salvation. vol. 2, pg. 287-288.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2011 06:53PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Date: January 31, 2011 09:43PM

For those who claim I make up this stuff. Many thanks.

Posted by: melissa3839 ( )
Date: January 31, 2011 09:59PM

I asked the same question in the regular LDS forum once.

Someone told me:

"Hmmmm, I don't know! Maybe God will wipe your memory clean of earthly life, so you don't recognize anyone as family."

Then I was like,

"Well, without remembering my life on earth, I won't understand why I'm in a lower kingdom. So... I get the punishment, but I don't even get to know why? Or remember what I did to get it???? That's kinda stupid."

Others said,

"You'll still know them as family. But you can't go up to where they are and live with them. They can only come down and visit you from time to time."

So I said,

"Well, if I'm still going to see them, then what's the problem? And if they want to come down and visit me-- who says they have to leave?? If I loved someone enough, I would go wherever they are, if they couldn't come to me. I mean what, is there gonna be some big guy named "Bubba" standing outside the door, pointing to his watch when they have stayed too long??" lol

Its all just so ridiculous.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.