Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ck ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 12:55AM

From dh and me stating we will no longer serve in our callings. I also talked to the YW president today (she is a friend of mine and I've served as her 1st counselor for 2 years now) and explained to her that I have major reservations about the church and am reevaluating my relationship with it and that I'm talking to the bishop about a release from my calling. She was very kind, as I knew she would be. Shocked is more like it.

Anyway, my heart is racing but it's done! Hurray! This will feel better when I get over the nervousness about making it semi-public. Up until now just dh, my parents and I were in the loop on this. Once we stop attending completely then we'll definitely be "out".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 01:06AM

Congrats.... what a rush ey?

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 01:08AM

Good for you. The first step is the hardest. I don't know if you put a time limit on leaving your calling. If you didn't, you might need to, so that they won't try to stall your departure.

Date: August 30, 2013 01:17AM

I told the YW president that I considered staying until they had a replacement but since it has taken us 2-6 months to get one called for every other position we've had that I wouldn't be able to do that. I told her I'd be there this Sunday but that was it. They can "release" me whenever they like, but Sunday is my last day!

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 01:25AM

Yay! Freedom, here it comes!

Congratulations, ck!

Posted by: ddt ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 01:47AM

It is truly amazing how a phoney, made-up system of control can have such an emotional effect on us.

There is no such thing as a morg god and the church is an odd assortment of power-hungry narcisists and deluded fools yet these imaginary entities can have a hold on us if we give them that power.

It's not just the church either. The lies we swallow from a corrupt government and state-owned media indicates we are all living a Grand Illusion.

The key is to Use Your Illusion. Program yourself and have no concern for what others may think and live your life how you choose to instead of some contrived script from a demented father-figure.

When you figure out how to do that then you can be truly free in your existence.

Looks like Styx and GnR were trying to tell us something.

Posted by: myantonia ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 02:15AM

Insightful comment, ddt, thank you!

Posted by: solost ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 11:53AM

"It is truly amazing how a phoney, made-up system of control can have such an emotional effect on us."

I can't even express how much I agree with this statement. That is still what I am struggling with. I haven't yet told anybody in the Church that I plan on leaving. DH is still adjusting to the idea (He hasn't been a TBM for a few years, but has never had the thought to actually leave. I'm pretty sure he was hanging on until I came around, poor guy).

It's insane how afraid I am of what "they" might do to me when I tell them. Or what God might think of me. I still feel a slight twinge of guilt every time I choose not to wear my garments. BUT WHO CARES?! If I wore their underwear or my own, it doesn't matter because they don't do anything!

This is how they are able to get so many people to keep going. They brainwash us into giving them all of our power and trick us into thinking it was giving to them by God. It's like they're acting like the very "satan" they tell us to fear. Bunch of crap.

Posted by: Inky ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 02:09AM

Congratulations! How exciting. What are you planning on doing with all of your free time now?

Date: August 30, 2013 02:16AM

I'm going to start going to the farmers market with the kids on Sunday mornings and choosing yummy stuff to make lunch/dinner with.

On Wednesday nights, instead of rushing out the door to YW I'm going to come home from taking child #1 to music lessons and make dinner for the family and help dh get the kids to bed without it being uber-stressful.

Posted by: ellenl ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 11:06AM

Good for you!

I see happy times ahead, especially on Sundays and Wednesdays!

(I'm a big fan of farmers markets. Enjoy!)

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 11:09AM

Congrats! You are on your way to a new and exciting life.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: August 30, 2013 01:52PM

Brace yourself.
Everyone will try to corner you this Sunday or show up on your door step.

Why waste another Sunday?
Just go for a nice outing with your family instead of church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.