Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sophia ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 12:07AM

Twenty of them are adopted. She is also a blogger and a midwife who has attended more than a thousand births.

I feel very tired.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Blogger-and-mother-of-24-is-Utahs-newest/Wrg8E1k6GkKqV44cGqNvIw.cspx

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Johnny Rotten ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 12:13AM

I know Holly she is one of the finest individuals I know. She is always giving. I don't know where she finds the energy.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 12:36AM

There are interventions for hoarders.

I think she said she knows her blog is true.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 12:57AM

My only question would be whether she can really take care of that many kids.

Personally, I don't know.

If she adopted them though, she is ok in my book.

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 01:01AM

I agree...adopting is ok...

Two is more enough for me...

stormy

Date: February 01, 2011 09:50PM

Well, I can't imagine how anyone can take care of 24 kids, but if she can pull it off, more power to her! I'd probably have a hard time remembering all of their names.

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 10:20PM

I work with two dozen kids every school day. Even the best adjusted kid needs a lot of attention from the adults in his or her environment. With two dozen kids, the quality of attention is just not going to be there.

And she's working as a legislator? Who looks after all those kids while she works?

But this is America, and if you want two dozen kids, you can have two dozen kids.

Just don't ask me to approve of it!

Date: February 02, 2011 02:22AM

She only got the job a few days ago because the guy who was elected in her district didn't actually live in the district, through no fault of his own, as the district map was drawn incorrectly. It was determined that he had to be replaced, and this woman was chosen. So she wasn't really "working as a legislator" until very recently.

In addition, the Utah legislature only meets for several weeks this time of year, so it's not like she has to be in legislative session as a full-time, year-round job. Still, I don't know how she can do it.

Given that most of these kids apparently came out of pretty dismal orphanages, they are likely better off in her "orphanage," if that's what you want to call it, than where they were before.

Posted by: JOHNNY ROTTEN ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 01:35AM

I'm very proud of Holly and I have nothing but respect for her. She is wonderful person and does a great job raising more than a dozen children, several with disabilities. She is an amazing person.

What I find ironic is how many on this board disrespect a strong woman who manages to do it all. I have nothing but respect for Holly...More power to her. She makes it all work.

To all you haters...you can all go to hell!

Posted by: LongOut ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 02:59AM

Animal hoarders are easily recognized today, and specific therapists can be found in almost every region. We worry if the adopted children are recieving proper education, healthcare and acceptance into their new family (society). Suffering happens with both children and animals claimed by hoarders. The strange problems happens when the children of child hoarders are not held accountable, while animal hoarders can have cruelty charges immediately expedited. Sick,suffering, exotic foreign children...no access to real help. Sick, suffering animals; there's a program to access them. My country is bizarre. As long as animals have access to humane treatment, well, it's what we can do.

Posted by: hellsangel ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 06:00AM

wow..."[we} can all go to hell!" ???? (spoken by as true a christian as i've ever known)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.