Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 12:17AM

Me:

After a 5 year run, it looks like church badminton is finished :(Someone took our time slot.)

My tbm sister: Oh 6 iron I'm so, so, sorry for you. Cant' they figure out another time slot???? I mean really!!!!!

6 iron: Some people are givers, and some are takers. They took it and the leaders said they could. The only other time slot is 10pm to midnight, but that is too late for me and the guys. Lately I've been waking up at 5:30 to go to work for 7am.

A badminton player: WTF??!! That sucks man!

Bishop: I know its disappointing Randy. As mentioned, there are a lot more demands on the building these days, given our growing membership. 10pm on Tuesdays will still be there if you want it, but Women's volleyball (affects a larger number of users) will be running from 8:30-10. You can also consider late Monday afternoons (5-7pm), Friday afternoons (5-7), or late Saturday mornings. Take care my Friend, talk soon

6 iron: Ya badminton player, I know it sucks. After they took our time, I called to book it because you are allowed to book the gym for 4 weeks. I got our time slot and even got a confirmation #. Then they changed the rules and we can't book it like that anymore.
20 seconds ago ยท LikeUnlike.

I added our young bishop as a friend on facebook before he was bishop. Maybe I should defriend him.

They took our time slot, we played by their rules and booked it, and then they changed the rules and said we couldn't book it anymore, and gave us sloppy seconds time slot. So we pulled the plug on it and will look to the community for somewhere to play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2011 12:21AM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.