Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 11:11AM

“Those who were less valiant in the pre-existence and who thereby had certain spiritual restrictions imposed upon them during mortality are known to us as the negroes. Such spirits are sent to earth through the lineage of Cain, the mark put upon him for his rebellion against God and his murder of Abel being a black skin...but this inequality is not of man’s origin. It is the Lord’s doing, based on His eternal laws of justice, and grows out of the lack of spiritual valiance of those concerned in their first estate.” ~ Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine (1966)

Errr, Um ~

“Forget everything I have said, or what...Brigham Young...or whomsoever has said...that is contrary to the present revelation. We spoke with a limited understanding and without the light and knowledge that now has come into the world.” ~ Bruce R. McConkie, "New Revelation on Priesthood" (1981)

Ziller reports. RfM decides.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 11:15AM

And to think Mormon Doctrine was the book I used to convert myself. WTF was I thinking? Probably trying to find a way to get into Paula's (gal that helped convert me) pants.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 11:22AM

And did you find the way?

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 11:19AM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 01:11PM

Believe it. I did, hook, line and sinker.

Ron

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 01:06PM

Bruce R. said that "forget" phrase on August 18, 1978.

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 02:50PM

If the original position had been true and there were no more non-valient spirits, wouldn't people with "black" skins simply quit having children no matter how hard they tried? Or perhaps the babies would just start being born non-black? Beats the hell out of me.

On the other hand if the valient spirits had run out first wouldn't all babies been born black?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.