Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 12:33PM

1. I just saw your post about how the boxer was re-homed already. That is such terrific news! Sounds like he couldn't be happier or in a better situation.

2. Some people just have no idea how to take care of animals. And they also don't seem to have any idea how to use Google to find out! Sad this woman was so overwhelmed, didn't know about crating and didn't know about rescue organizations... Even sadder she thought leaving a dog alone in a hot car would be the best solution to a chewing problem. :: face palm :: She should be on a list somewhere and never, ever allowed to adopt a pet. Also, people should have to take a course in basic care before being allowed to have animals. But then again, maybe people should have to take parenting courses before being allowed to have children. ;>)

3. If I am ever in SE Florida with my bulldoggy, we are coming over to play with yours! ;>) She LOVES boxers and any other dog who is willing to play like a bulldog (rough) with her.

4. You'd be amused at this, I think. A neighbor and friend of mine has recently acquired two little goats, which are ADORABLE. So cool, these little goats bounding around -- we live slam in the center of the city, but all the neighbors think it's just cool. Anyway, so Harriet (my dog) met the goats for the first time last night. She put her front paws up on the fence and was just FASCINATED. Finally, the female got brave and wandered over our way to nibble on a shrub. Harriet did that barky-growl thing and the little goat bounded away. Harriet looked at it like, "You are the strangest-smelling dog I ever met! What ARE you?" Tail furiously wagging the entire time.

5. Harriet was a rescue as well. She was on death row at a nearby shelter and a rescue group went in and pulled her and put her in a foster home for a while. When I got her, she already knew sit-stay, was perfectly potty trained (not one accident, ever), and was already good on a leash and an angel in the car. Sometimes, rescues can have issues -- one of my BTs had more issues than National Geographic (he'd been a stud dog in a puppy mill, poor fella). So I got lucky and somehow managed to score a really cool, well-adjusted dog this time. Gets along with cats, other dogs, dog people and now, apparently, goats! :>D

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: foggy ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 05:12PM

I was so glad to read that there was a happy ending to that story.

Yesterday I had to go home and hug my Boston for 10 minutes straight. She wasn't very excited about that because she just wanted to go on a walk (it's amazing I still have all my extremities...)

Date: September 12, 2013 10:47AM

Oooo! Another Bostie owner! I used to have two and I SO miss my smooshy faces. :<(... I had the last dog's paws tattooed on my leg, as if she'd jumped up and looked at me with that pouty rubber lip. Every time I look down at my ink, that's what I see.

:: sniff ::

Sending facelicks to your girl.

Date: September 12, 2013 12:37PM

They sure master the pouty-face, don't they?

We got really lucky with her because some friends of friends lost their house (and I think didn't want her anymore after they had a kid, otherwise they could have tried harder...) so we adopted her. She is, of course, the boss of the whole house and the reason I get to work early so I can get home earlier :)

I would love to always have Bostons, but I am really only interested in adopting or rescuing, so I'll probably have to branch out eventually.

Luvs back to your puppies

Date: September 12, 2013 03:43PM

There is always BT rescue.

http://www.btrescue.org/

:: evil grin ::

Date: September 12, 2013 05:20PM

Thanks for that link!

The one time I briefly looked around (before we dog-sat and decided Proxy likes being an only child) I found a couple of sites but none that covered Utah. :)

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: September 11, 2013 07:42PM

I was also happy to hear the happy ending.

My dog is also a rescue. I will never buy from a pet store or a breeder. Only rescued animals. He is now the most loving, sweet, gentle, well adjusted dog I know.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: September 12, 2013 10:35PM

LOVE the story of your dog and the goats dogzilla!

Date: September 13, 2013 09:09AM

I have come across a couple really large teddy bears that people have tossed out on the curb for the trash pickup.

Turns out, my huge 75-pound, solid muscle, fierce-looking bulldog is TERRIFIED of stuffed teddy bears. One even had the eyes pulled off of it and she would barely sniff it. Kept darting away and then she'd growl and bark at it. It was like a three-foot teddy bear, but I thought for sure she'd be all about destuffing the thing right there in the street (which would have been great fun), or maybe she'd pick it up and carry it home (she brought a grapefruit home one time). But no. She was very suspicious of that teddy bear. LOL

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 10:54AM

this little octopus-shaped scrubbie thing we had in the tub. I think it was the eyes.

She would swim to the farthest reaches of the tub to get away from it.

Date: September 13, 2013 12:32PM

LOL

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 03:49PM

Very glad to hear there was a happy ending. At my gym this morning there was a little dog locked in a car with no windows cracked. It was not very hot out yet, around 70, but there was the potential to get hot and who knows how long the person would be there? I went back in to the desk and gave the license number and car make and they said they would find the owner and alert them. Girl at the desk is an animal lover too, so I'm sure it was taken care of. I was thinking of the boxer when I saw the little dog in the car.

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 05:20PM

Yeah!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.