Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: the one and only ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 11:38AM

I have a cousin who found out after she was married that her husband committed a sex crime as a teen. He was hired at a hospital and then fired when his background check came back, that's when she found out.

Yesterday I found out they are working with the scouts. I want to report him to someone but don't know who or how. Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: darksided ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 11:41AM

the police would be a nice start!

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 12:25PM

BSA.

Police.

Child Protective Services.

Can you verify that he is a registered sex offender? What KIND of sex offense?

Posted by: Rowell back ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 12:34PM

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 12:53PM

Don't go to your Bishop. He was inspired to place the POS in that position. His own ego is riding on this. He won't do anything about it.

Posted by: darksided ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 12:56PM

exactly....sure, call the bishop if you want the abuse to continue!

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 12:56PM

You say he was a teen. I know that we take sexual predators very carefully, but I know of cases where the sexual offense was a 17 yo having consensual sex with a 15 yo. I'd hate to go off the deep end on someone who's labeled a sex offender, but whose only offense was, in my opinion (yes, my opinion) rather minor. Don't go off half cocked without an absolute knowledge of what happened.

Posted by: mormonista ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 12:59PM

Just make sure the local Boy Scout Charter knows about your concern.

They already do a Back-round Check and probably know.

Knowing how the scout program works, they will not disqualify you for something you did as a teen unless it specifically involved young boys.

Not all sex crimes that are committed as teens are evil. So without more info on what he did, you can't legitimately raise the red flag, so to speak.

A high school friend of mine was convicted of having sex with his girlfriend when he was 18 and she was 15 almost 16. They had been dating for years and been sexually active, but in my state there is a law that says an Adult at 18 cannot have sex with some one who is more than 2 years younger. He was 2 years and a month older than her.... When he was seventeen it did not matter.As soon as he turned 18, Her parents filed charges and he was convicted and still has to register as a sex offender.

P.S. He still went on a mission, they ended up getting married in the temple.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 02:46PM

It's possible the minor's record is sealed. If it is, there is no record that is available.

Very likely the person is not listed on any sex offender list either.

As noted in the comments above, it's important to know exactly what the offense was and whether there is a recorded conviction which would put them on a sex offender list.

It's possible the person was charged but not convicted also.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: September 13, 2013 02:52PM

I've known of 17-year-olds getting caught sexting and put permanently on the sex offender list. If the same punishment was given to everyone, half the country would be sex offenders.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.