Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koolman2 ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 06:54PM

This is completely OT from the other thread (Cult Definition), but it caused me to remember something I remember learning in my Freshman seminary class.

Our teacher brought some cupcakes from home. She had everyone pick a side, either good or evil. The evil side were handed better-looking cupcakes first and were permitted to begin eating them immediately. As she began handing the good side their not-so-good-looking cupcakes (who started complaining), the evil side started spitting theirs out - she had baked them with Tabasco sauce. She made the analogy that evil gets you rewards quicker and looks good *now*, but once you bite into it it's pretty nasty. So she applied this to things such as a rated R movie - even though it's a great movie, that small amount of dog shit inside isn't worth it. (I might have gotten some of this wrong, it was about ten years ago.)

I have now made the analogy that, even though there may be some good points inside TSCC, the huge amounts of dog shit simply isn't worth it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2011 06:57PM by koolman2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 665 N' 1/2 ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 06:56PM

Hot sauce moms of mormonism!

Date: February 01, 2011 06:58PM

Haha, the amount she put in was only enough to make it taste really weird. It wasn't spicy at all, since she mixed it in with the dough. It was also about ten years ago.

Note that I edited the OP a bit as I remembered more about the lesson.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2011 06:59PM by koolman2.

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 07:16PM

This was a standard lesson in the 90s. I remember getting this one too. Twice. Once time they used doughnuts, and anther one was cake.

I can confirm that this lesson really did happen.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 08:09PM

"It was great except that one part"

They were going on about movies that were pretty good except the sex part. Then they equated that with eating a meal except for that one part that made everyone sick. My sons seminary teacher did something similar.

If I recall correctly, it was about that time that some church members were joining their voices with the evangelicals to boycott Disney because of their association with the network that carried Ellen Degeneres. It seemed like everyone was using that Ensign article and similars to make their point that the network was good except that one (gay person) part.

Posted by: jolene ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 08:36PM

It was a total 90's thing... I had this mormonad in my bedroom at one point *hangs head in shame*

http://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Magazines/NewEra/img/img00537.jpg

Posted by: temple name Julia ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 09:14PM

ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Date: February 01, 2011 09:15PM

Yes! I remember that ad. Those things used to either: 1. make me feel good; 2. make me feel like shit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.