Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 11:06AM

My sisters are both teachers in the Midwest and the school systems have all closed for the week.

Hope our Midwestern RfMers are hanging in there. Are you guys OK??

Shannon
(In cold & rainy Florida)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hane ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 11:19AM

It's been pretty horrible here in southern New England (2 no-school days last week, 2 this week). We've had 3 major snowfalls in the past week (2 ft., 1 ft., 4") and an ice storm today, but I KNOW how much worse it is for our Midwesterners!

Posted by: Anubis ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 11:29AM

It's more fun then we ever hoped, not. The snow you do manage to shovel off the drive ends up blown right back in hours.

Date: February 02, 2011 11:38AM

Hang in there you guys. And keep us updated.

;o)

Posted by: julianna ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 11:41AM

Here in IA we can't tell how much we got due to the drifting. It was drifted to the top of my DH's car.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 11:58AM

I'm in Iowa, too, southwest of Des Moines. I'm snowed in for the day, I think. Ideal for job-searching on my puter! I haven't seen drifting as high as my rig, but it's not easy for my dog to get around out there. My landlord will plow me out later and do snow removal, maybe get him to dig a path for the dog. She's an elderly German Shepherd.
We're warm and safe, and that makes me happy.
Susan

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 11:45AM

Here in SW Ontario, it was windy and drifting and the kids have a snow day today

But it wasn't as bad as they made it out it was going to be. The weather system moved pretty fast through the area.

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 12:11PM

The neighbors transmitter blew last night, trees downed and I just realized how poorly insulated my windows are.
Thew ind is howling unmercyfull. It's 'raining' ice and thunder-snow intermittendly. Of course, everything is closed, but a major department store sent out a ad via email, that everyting is 50% off today. I ended up with4 kids to babysit last night. Their power went out. What if mine does? I do have a gas-stove, but the National Guard opened shelters and pick up. I use to be a member there. We had 'storm-duty' LOL!
Here's the latest for us in the Mid-west.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41365053/ns/weather/
I guess it's till beats Australia, as they're getting a 'monster cyclon, so I'm geatful! Praying for power to stay on.
Stay safe everyone out there!

Date: February 02, 2011 03:14PM

Is is getting worse y'all?

;o)

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 03:34PM

... there's still some diggin' out to do:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31513586&l=896660da3d&id=1595809541

Hope those that got worse are doing okay.

Timothy

Date: February 02, 2011 03:35PM

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:09AM

Cool!

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 03:38PM

Nice and sunny here in Cali. I just put my shorts on and am heading over to the park to shoot some hoops.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 04:19PM

but for now- shovelling rules!!! Ahahahaaaa...ow, my back...

Posted by: star1bandit ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 04:23PM

There's not a whole lot of snow where I live, but the cold has given us two snowdays so far. -40 degrees with windchill...brrrr

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 05:16PM

Seriously, that's what my brother who lives in Canada did when he emigrated to Canada. Take care. folks! Don't take any risks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 05:17PM by matt.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 09:22PM

Several years ago a blizzard shut down the East coast for a week or so. Nine months later Boston had the higest birth rate in the citys history, So there are some things to do to keep warm during bad weather.

Date: February 03, 2011 10:39AM

For months afterwards, women were walking around in T-shirts with arrows pointing downward to their bellies and the words "Blizzard Baby" emblazoned across their chests.

heh.

;o)

Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:20AM

Yesterday was the hardest snow shoveling day of my life but I got dug out and was able to make it into the office thanks to the assistance of my awesome neighbors. I got my driveway done but when the snow plows finally made it thru late last night, all of us were looking at huge piles of snow blocking our driveways. So it became a team effort with people from up and down around me ganging up and knocking out each person's driveway one by one - 8 people shovelling cleared out the driveways in an hour at our end of the street. These guys are better than any home teacher I ever had!

Posted by: winddancer ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:41AM

We're close to Chicago and this was the worse snow storm I've seen and I've seen a few...the winds were awful..the snow just kept rearranging itself just where the snowblower went...

But we're all dug out and now just freezing in the cold..

But on the bright side...it's much nicer snuggly under a comforter in the winter than sweating in the summer...

Posted by: ladybug ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 05:23PM

I am in Indianapolis and we got the ice storm.The roads have been amazingly good (I think the road crews considered it a good practice run in preparation for Super bowl here next year), however, everything else is still slick. We are having near 0 temps which doesn't help and now more snow Fri and Sat. Kids are out of school again tomorrow for the 4th day. Parking lots and neighborhood streets still too icy and slick.Wish I could get out of work with that excuse...

Posted by: freegal ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 11:32PM

I'm in the Chicago area, and we really got hit hard. Couldn't leave the house yesterday as the snow was piled almost waist deep and the cars were submerged in snow and ice. We were fortunate to be at home when the storm hit. I really felt terrible for hundreds of people who were trapped in there cars on Lake Shore Drive for up to eight hours before being rescued.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.