Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exmomedic ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 12:57AM

Last time I posted here, I was introducing myself. Since then, I have moved again back to Santa Clarita from my parents house to be closer to work, etc. and moved in with sisters that are "mormon." One is highly inactive and the other is a garmie wearing hypocritical semi-active. Last night they asked me to move out by the end of the month because one of the guys I am dating came over after date night and ending up spending the night. I'm sorry this is all kinda going every which way, but I need a lot of help and advice :) I am looking to move before the end of the month to the LA area still, so I am currently looking for a room for rent/roommates, so if anybody has any solutions or ideas, please feel free to let me know. I need as much help as I can get.

I finally emailed in my resignation letter, and got the local ecclesiastical letter, so I'm just waiting for that. I'm not really sure what happens next or what to do.

And finally, there is a friend of mine (who is also a member of the bishopric in the ward I just moved to) who knows I have sent in my resignation and now he wants to meet for lunch or dinner soon, to talk and catch up, as well as help me move out of my current apartment. He knows I dont believe and wants the chance to talk about it as well. I'm not sure if this is because he has questions as well or wants the chance to try and persuade me to come back to the church, so if there is any materials that you can provide me so i can walk into that lunch prepared, I would be especially greatful for.

Thanks
Ashlie....

and yes I'm a single exmo as well :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: piper ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 11:45AM

I am sorry your sisters are treating you like this. :(

I would say the "friend" probably wants to meet for lunch to talk you out of resigning.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 11:53AM

DO NOT have anything to do with the Bishop "friend", he has only one motive, to get you back into TSCC and he won't hear a word you say.

As for your sisters, proof again that TSCC breaks up families. You do not deserve such treatment. You did nothing wrong and they are being judgmental. Sleeping with a date is no one's business but yours.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 11:57AM

...and he won't hear a word you say.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 12:31PM

If you don't feel like studying, just say the church is too boring, and you want to see what's out there in the real world so you can make up your own mind about faith before committing your whole entire life to being told what's true. You don't see yourself spending all those hours in the meetings on Sundays and doing all the callings.

I got the ecclesiastical letter but no one called me. I guess it just depends on who you are whether you get called.

Finding roommates is another story, but you will be glad to be away from your sisters and out on your own without supervision.

Posted by: 665 N' 1/2 ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 12:44PM

So your Mormon sisters are kicking you out for having a guy over all night?

What did you expect?

That is the oldest Mormon trick in the book.

"This is my house, in my house we live up to Mormon standards."

Of course they were expecting to control your sex life.

Look on Craigslist or roommate finder.

I don't know how your a single exmo when you have some guy your dating and he sleeps over?

It seems that you sisters are trying to paint you into a corner.

Posted by: winddancer ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:43AM

If you go make sure it's some place nice and he picks up the check...

Posted by: bornagainagnostic ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:25PM

Exmo single here as well. I recently went back to school, and could use some help with rent. Email me for more info: born.again.agnostic@gmail.com

caveats:
I'm in Anaheim, so not sure if that gets you close enough to LA.
I'm a dude.
My apartment is not that big.
Job verification, background and credit check all required.

Posted by: levite ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:35PM

come to australia and stay at my brand new apartment for
free as I will be living overseas by june to build my
relationship with the mother of my child...

Just thought I'de offer as crazy at it sounds but
you need to escape,and take a vacation to australia
the ex mormon holy ghost promted me he he to help you
tho you will proberbly laugh this off as a joke but thats
ok... I cared enough to offer even tho in another country...

Levite..

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 11:05PM

For roommates, look on Craigslist, or in the newspaper under, "Roommates Wanted," or on a campus bulletin board. Your best bet would be college students in an area where they tend to live, i.e. Westwood.

Interview them to find a similar lifestyle. Find out what hours they keep, ask about housekeeping, bills, boyfriends, musical tastes, etc. Look for people with whom you feel a very high comfort level right away.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 11:05AM

I can see where the OP feels her sisters are doing this because they're judging her sex life. But there's isn't enough information that that is the only reason. I know that when I had roommates, it was always a problem when a roommate decided a boyfriend should camp out at our house just because he was important to her. I'm not saying that I know this is what happened here. Only suggesting that there is another side to this issue.

When there are 3 people paying rent, for example, it's uncomfortable and unfair to have a fourth taking a shower, eating out of the frig, taking up the living room, watching tv, basically living in the home.

And when you're talking about single women, it's also uncomfortable and possibly unsafe for a man you don't necessarily know well to spend the night just because the girlfriend trusts him. Women living in a house together expect a certain degree of privacy, to wake up and walk around in their underwear if they want, to have the shower free of overnight guests, and to be sure they know and trust the people who are in the house while they are asleep.

Having a boyfriend gives a roommate the right to have sex with him in private in her room, but not the right to let him spend the night in a house that is not hers alone.

Respect for boundaries and for privacy and safety is very important in roommate situations. And while one may live their life as they desire, roommates have a right to expect that only those paying rent will actually be spending the night or camping out in areas of a home that they rely on as private space where they can be relaxed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.