Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: WowWhoKnew ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 03:16PM

Pastor goes on the rampage against the church:

"nobody asks one question to Harry Reid and says, 'Tell us about your faith. What does a Mormon believe?' Ask him about the holy garments that he wears that protect him from evil. Isn't that kooky? Ask him about getting his body parts anointed by oil. Isn't that kooky? Ask him about when he goes to the temple and he gets baptized for dead people. Isn't that kooky? Ask him about the hit squad of the Mormon church and why they need people to kill Mormons that go against them. Isn't that controlling? Ask him how they shun people, then they get their family members to disown them and divorce them if they dare leave the Mormon church. Isn't that cultish? I mean, I could go on and on."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/07/sharron-angles-pastor-she_n_754330.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 03:18PM

Here is another exerpt from the article:
"The Mormon church is rich, powerful, they do illegal things. They do secretive things. They've got all this money. They own American businesses. There's weirdness going on there. Churches are not multi-millionaire organizations like the Mormon church. You know, there's some weirdness with that, but nobody questions it, nobody asks one question to Harry Reid and says, 'Tell us about your faith. What does a Mormon believe?' Ask him about the holy garments that he wears that protect him from evil. Isn't that kooky? Ask him about getting his body parts anointed by oil. Isn't that kooky? Ask him about when he goes to the temple and he gets baptized for dead people. Isn't that kooky? Ask him about the hit squad of the Mormon church and why they need people to kill Mormons that go against them. Isn't that controlling? Ask him how they shun people, then they get their family members to disown them and divorce them if they dare leave the Mormon church. Isn't that cultish? I mean, I could go on and on. The Mormon church is a cult, and Harry Reid is a powerful person in a cult, and nobody even questions it.""--

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 03:22PM

Happy_Heretic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is another exerpt from the article:
> "Churches are not multi-millionaire organizations like the Mormon church. ""--

He's kidding, right? The Morg doesn't hold a candle to the Catholic Church. sheesh.

Posted by: board watcher ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 04:03PM

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 06:45PM

It's revealing what so-called Christians think of the morg and, one could guess, about what morgbots are going to do in this election. Angle is their natural candidate, regardless of Reid's membership, but she very probably believes what her pastor believes. I guess the morgbots will have to vote none of the above.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 10:36PM

I wonder how long Utah would remain solidly Republican if Evangelicals really started pushing the "Mormons aren't Christians" theme in politics.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 10:48PM

http://www.newsreview.com/reno/content?oid=1854545
"Angle: Actually, Thomas Jefferson has been misquoted, like I’ve been misquoted out of context. Thomas Jefferson was actually addressing a church and telling them through his address that there had been a wall of separation put up between the church and the state precisely to protect the church.

Ralston: So there should be no separation.

Angle: To protect the church from being taken over by a state religion. And that’s what they meant by that."

The problem that Angle seems to be missing is that as soon as religious beliefs are written into law they become a "state religion." I doubt these people would be too happy if Islam was the dominant religion and laws were written requiring them to pray toward Mecca several times a day or outlawed all pork products!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 11:04PM

You are so right....all of this must come out in the open. I hear they want Angle to denounce her former pastor. WHY? It is the belief of the pastor (correct belief, I might add- it IS a kooky religion) so leave Angle out of it. She attends some other church now I believe anyhow. Reid is desperate. He is going to try any way to make her look bad. It won't work.

The media knows nothing about his undies, his Baptisms for the Dead, his belief that it is okay to shun family who leave the "church" and that it is okay to keep friends from a wedding because they can't attend the Temple. NO body knows this unless you have a reason to be familiar with Mormonism. And it needs to come out due to Romney also.

Posted by: Terrestrial Trilobite ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 02:14AM

This could benefit Reid if he doesn't back away from the Mormon Church. What is it, 5 percent of Nevadans are Mormon? If that mostly conservative constituency backs him for wearing his garments, it could make the difference in a tight contest, which this one is.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.