Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 07:25PM

At least according to a Morgbot politician Lavar Christiansen.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogslgbt/51176950-61/bill-policy-christensen-balken.html.csp

"Marriage and family predate all governments and are supported by and consistent with the Laws of Nature..."

Really???? I thought the laws of nature were that a male tries to inseminate as many females as he can to spread his genes, and a female has sex with as many different males as she can to ensure the best genes go forward through at least one of her kids.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 07:38PM

It was the opinion of the great Chinese philosopher Confucius that the fundamental unit of society is the family. Everything good in a culture and society emanates from loving, well-ordered families. You cannot have a vibrant, healthy culture without tending to that most basic of units, the family.

I agree with him about that.

The Mormon church tries to project an image of being pro-family, but in reality, the church always comes first. If your calling reduces time with your family, too bad. If your instructions to your children and not identical with those of the church, too bad. If you badly need that ten percent of your income to support your loved ones, too bad. If your family does not match the image of "The Perfect Mormon Family" (TM), too bad. If you are on a mission and a loved one dies, has a birthday, or marries, too bad.

Confucius would not be pleased.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucius

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 07:48PM

Unfortunately some depend on the subjugation of women

Posted by: levite ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 08:51PM

totally agree. The church busted up my family disciminated
against biopola manic depression that I had since the 80s but
it raized its ugly head only after I was terminated.
So salt thrown in my wounds instead of love and compassion
that bishop in australia will pay..

Nothing more to say..

Levite.....

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 09:36PM

A child rearing COUPLE is the fundamental unit of society just like people are fundamental units of society, because couples make more people. A child is a product. The state wants products & production, people in this case, to LORD over & as human resources.

Marriage is a political institution.It was used to forge political alliances & to maintain lineage to maintain wealth & status. It was reserved for societal elite, who for long periods of time did not give a damn if commoners were married or not. It did not matter much, most commoners did not live that long anyway, who they were shacked up with, or not, was a passing detail.

As usual the commoners aspired to be like the marrying roylaty.
The catholic church also figured out that regimenting people
including marrying was a great way to make money & keep collecting money. TA DA ! The traditional family is *born*.

I choke when I hear people say that they want to protect the sanctity of traditional marriage. what sanctity is that?
the sanctity that blindsides & imprisons people en masse
& has inspired some of the most evil & bizzarre behavior ever known of ?

Marriage is a fundamental instrument of POLITICAL CONTROL.
Saying Marriage is good is like saying the LDS church gives money to the poor. The LDs church never gave anything to the poor that someone else did not give to LDS INC first & then LDS Inc takes all the credit for it. Any benevolence encountered in marriage, which is not nearly as much as marriage advocates would have people believe, was a product of benevolence, not a product of marriage.

Posted by: gilgamesh ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 09:14PM

I've spent a lot of time thinking about this very issue. I believe the family is the fundamental unit of our society right now. The problem is, the times are changing. I thing people have a primal fear of change, but, the world is changing... and very quickly. In the next 10 or 15 years the standard model of a family will be very different from what it is now.

A lot of people will clinqg to the family, but, it's really no use. The world my children grow up in will be alien to me. It's not a bad thngq at all, but its a scathing thing to most. Only time will tell. In the end, everyone will get used to the change and will wonder what the hell everyone was worried about.

I'm kinda drunk right now so this may not make sense and this damned iPad autocorrect may be screwing me up. I'm not even going to try to spell check.. Good luck reading this.

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 09:34PM

Baloney.

The individual is the fundamental unit of society, not some mythical family.

Moreover, Mormonism exploits the family by using them as feeder units to grow the cult.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:34AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.