Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MollieNomore ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:07PM

I got a call today from my daughters friends mother. She was so frustrated that she was in tears. Im a blonde woman and I have a black daughter. My daughters friend is bi-racial and her mom is also blonde. Once upon a time we were in the same ward. My family is OUT..Resigned DONE! This friend was calling to tell me that "good brother blank " actually had the nerve to complain in FRONT of her to the bishop that he didnt want his kids to be in the same class with hers.. because of race.. and when she asked the bishop to deal with him the bishop told her THIS IS A QUOTE " YOU ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND THIS WARD IF YOU WANT TO STILL BUT I DONT SEE ANY POINT IN MEETING WITH YOU AND WE WONT BE ABLE TO DO ANY FOOD ORDERS OR ASSISTANCE'' WTF???
I just asked her "why are you wanting to go to a church where they dont want you or your kids?"

She was quiet.. then it was like a light bulb went off... SHE COULD LEAVE.
This is a single mom with lupus and she has had cancer in the past two years. She did get church assistance.. but she has also cleaned the church and helped old people to "pay it forward".

I could write a book with all the racist comments and idiocy and nonsense we put up with over the years that we attended that ward. I only regret that I was so brainwashed that I believed my relationship with a dysfunctional church had anything to do with my relationship with God.

At least the bishop told us that it wasnt "racial" it was "cultural" and we were just tooooo sensitive.... here is one of my favorite comments.. Lets play a game.. you folks decide if its RACIAL or CULTural

"Its okay that you adopt your daughter now.. but what about when she is a teen.... you know how little black girls are.... THEY CANT KEEP THEIR LEGS SHUT" hmmmmm RACIAL OR CULTural???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 665 N' 1/2 ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:10PM

It is flat out racism.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:17PM

That is disgusting. I'd have told the bishop where to get off in a heartbeat, and on the way out the door make sure everyone within earshot knew why.

There is no reason for grown adults to put up with any kind of abuse from another. You were born with a brain, and feet, use them!

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:19PM

It's not just for one-toothed KKK-members: Mormons have never jumped off that soggy parade float.

So sorry this has happened to you, your daughter, and your friends.

Posted by: paulrc ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:21PM

Wow.

Posted by: MollieNomore ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 12:14AM

We were involved in Genesis for YEARS... We tried to work within the mormon system to make a positive change. Don Harwell even went so far as to have the seventy that was over Genesis meet with me to try and see what he could do... it was a case of the Good Old Boys network at its finest. The seventy was as useful as teats on a bull. To quote Don when I (in tears) asked why we still couldnt get any action on our records moving... "He got a lot of blow back from the stake president" The same jerk promised my husband and I to do anything needed to help us... LIES... When the toady Stake President showed up at my home when he got the resignation letter - he seemed happy to see the negro lovers leave the stake- I asked the stake president POINT BLANK WHY DID YOU TELL US THAT YOU WOULD MOVE OUR RECORDS AND THEN REFUSE- WHY DID YOU GIVE THE SEVENTY BLOWBACK ABOUT OUR RECORDS?- His "honest in all of his dealings answer?" "well- thats been two years now and it doesnt matter anymore does it?" LOL... nope. guess it doesnt. You and your penishood win. Our family of 5 is OUT.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 12:17AM

Bish is the winner of tonight's two-fer:

Ass. Hole.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.