Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 11:13PM

Dang I missed it. So I'm keeping up.

My babies are many. I am not a dog person but somehow have 2 dogs now.

but first I have my kitties-Rufort II, to replace rufort 1 the dog who my son got when he was 4 but we had to give up because I was going through my crazies.

So then we have Mooney, the next little kitty. Both Rufort and Mooney had sisters, but somehow one got run over and the other disappeared. We live next to a bluff and it was pretty rural then, so my brother always jokes about the animals...

So, then almost 4 years ago we adopted a dog from the shelter. she started to attack my son on the back of his head pretty much soon as we got her home. We tried training, but he was still younger and scared of her, so we gave her back.

We looked for awhile at dogs, and ended up finding Spot, an English setter from Cove Fort, and went to pick her up.

she is a pain in the ass, barking like mad right now. We met the parents adn they were calm and cool, didn't chase cats, etc. she is everything they are not, but we love her dearly. She is beautiful white with spots, hence my son named her spot.

So we have had a few companions for her over the last couple years, adopting from shelters knowing if it didn't work we would find a new home. Spot is feisty, and we finally got Blu, our border collie/lab. they fight, but he is bigger than her now, but he can keep up with her.

she runs like the wind, and runs away, so we have to be careful. But, I love this dog like I never thought I would, so I deal with it. Blu loves her too, even though sometimes she is sassy. I learned that she is great with male dogs, so that is why we have blu

gotta love em or I wouldn't have em, they are so much work....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 11:52PM

Lola- German Shepherd She is very calm and easy to handle. We did send her to training school for six weeks. She did not do very well, well not as well as the trainer expected but the training helped. The trainer wanted her to repeat the class!

Audrey- Yorkie Tough little lap dog.

Claire- part boxer, part American bull dog. She is one year old, has lots of energy. A sweetheart. She loves to tree the yard cats. We got her from a guy selling her litter from the back of his pick up on the side of the road.

Blanca- Our pure white kitty adopted from the kill shelter.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:55AM

I have a German Shepherd also. Her name is Abby and she'll be 12 years old in May. She is awesome. I worked out of town for 14 months, and Abby went with me and she was such a trooper, esp the last 2 weeks, when we were up in the Twin Cities and it got so cold. She loves to play ball, still. She's beautiful, and very protective of me. she can't do it now, but she used to lie on her back and look at me upside down, with her eyelids and lips falling back--she looked pretty funny and she knew it!
Susan

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:48AM

Well we had four sable and white shelties...show obedience dogs..of that crew the ole gal is left..

A friend asked if I wanted a bi blue male sheltie..white black and silvery colored...so Red came almost 4 years ago..

Last Sat..another blue boy arrived from Mobile...same friend...

I have no idea what I would do without the dogs...the boys sleep on my bed even the new one...they never leave my side..

Love them more than most people I know...

stormy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.