Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:13PM

Several years ago, I knew a Stake President who was being released. There were two or three gay couples in our ward who were inactive members, and had been inactive for years. The church had reached out to them on several occasions, usually the Bishop or Stake Prez.

One day the SP told me that he had to excommunicate these guys because he wanted to get it out of the way before the new Stake President started. He was pretty matter of fact about it, and was going out that Sunday to notify them of his decision.

It was probably the humane thing to do, considering that the new SP was a fire and brimstone kind of guy who many people would learn to dislike. Thankfully he moved after a couple years and we got a new one who is a great guy.

Anyway, I suspect that since SPs usually last less that 10 years it is likely that soon the current Stake Prez will be released.
Is cleaning up loose ends before the new guy starts a typical practice?
If it is, I wonder if me and my family will come under attack in the near future...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nomomoses ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 01:29PM

I saw it on my mission with the mission president. The missionaries were busy for a couple months delivering the disciplinary meeting letters to those that had been baptized but had not shown their faces for years.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 04:00PM

Clean house for the new occupant! Don't leave any messes for them to clean up.

Posted by: joesmyth ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 09:23PM

More fuel for the class action lawsuit.

First they fleece you of tithing then they remove you from the picture.

Must Sue.

Must Sue.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.