Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Searching27 ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 02:45PM

When we had been in the church for 2 years I turned 12. Beehive finally! haha

The bishop had this thing where every fast sunday we would come to his house and have cookies and have some activities. The very first one I went to we were told we were watching an educational video.

Turns out it was about abortion filled with pictures and descriptions of the entire process. I was totally traumatized. I didn't even realize until the other day how utterly inappropriate it was to show that video to a group of kids. I didn't even know about sex then. I was extremely sheltered. Needless to say I dreaded going after that because I never knew what they were going to talk to us about. I recently told my mom about that night and she was shocked and said she had no idea they ever showed us anything like that.

Just been thinking about that alot lately.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 02:52PM

In the public school system we had to get written parent permission for the mildest lessons related to human sex or reproduction and parents were welcome to view all materials in advance.

What that bishop did was horribly wrong for many reasons.

I'm not surprised that you still have negative feelings about being forced into such a horrible situation.

Posted by: Searching27 ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 03:36PM

for things not even remotely controversial or whatever. I was shocked when my mom said she had no clue. It was very traumatizing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.