Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 04:56PM

When I don't need stuff anymore, I sell it on eBay or donate it to Savers.

I know SOMEone, SOMEwhere has made money off of it, else why would they warn us to not do it in the temple?

(tongue firmly in cheek)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2013 04:56PM by utahstateagnostics.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mostcorrectedbook ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 04:58PM

I'm looking to sell mine too. Times are tough.
Please post here when you find qualified buyers.

Thanks and regards.

Posted by: dissonanceresolved ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 04:59PM

HA! good one!

Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 05:03PM

But I own the fossils of all the horses that lived on the American continent prior to Colombus. They are yours if you give me your signs and tokens.

I will also give you my "new name." It is Saul.

As in, "Saul be getting on with my life now."

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 04:46AM

Better call Saul!

Posted by: danl ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 05:03PM

I hate how those phrases keep coming back.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 05:05PM

I have them, but I do not sell them for money. I hold them sacred.

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 05:11PM

the cat is out of the bag.....worthless wooden slugs.

Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 05:13PM

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 05:16PM

I dare you to post them there.

"genuine sacred tokens. An angel took them but I can get them back when I want them. $5.

Posted by: hayduke ( )
Date: October 16, 2013 12:40AM

Yes!

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 06:02PM

Dave & Busters takes tokens.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 06:08PM

The temple ceremony actually quoted Satan and Peter wrong. Through revelation I can give you the actually original dialog.

Satan: Do you sell them for money?

Peter: I tried but no one will pay me a fucking penny.

Satan: Yeah, tell me about it. I was just hoping you give me a tip on where to sell mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2013 06:08PM by The Oncoming Storm - bc.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 06:15PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THREE-VINTAGE-GOLDEN-GATE-TOKENS-SALT-LAKE-UTAH-MORMON-/161117961442?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258360fce2

Here's someone on EBAY trying to sell their tokens. They seem to think they're worth about 24.oo each.

Something like this would be a great item to sell at exmo conference. The money could go toward bill board signs and web site maintenance.

Posted by: Lasvegasrichard ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 12:57AM

I must admit I was creeped out about the temple and never have attended . But I have been part of the Mormon crap for over 50 years and have never ever heard of a temple token . Is this seriously true ? What the hell are they ?

Posted by: Nat the Nevermo ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 04:03PM

My understanding is that they're the secret handshakes people learn in the temple, not any kind of physical item.

Date: October 15, 2013 05:18PM

In the temple there are 4 covenants, signs, and tokens - yes the tokens are the handshakes:

First Token of the Aaronic Priesthood: "The First Token of the Aaronic Priesthood is given by clasping the right hands and placing the joint of the thumb directly over the first knuckle of the hand."

Second Token of the Aaronic Priesthood: "This token is given by clasping the right hands and placing the joint of the thumb between the first and second knuckles of the hand."

First Token of the Melchizedek Priesthood or Sign of the Nail: "This token is received by bringing the right hand into this position: the hand vertical, the fingers close together, and the thumb extended; and the person giving the token placing the tip of the forefinger of his right hand in the center of the palm, and the thumb opposite on the back of the hand of the one receiving it."

Second Token of the Melchizedek Priesthood, The Patriarchal Grip, or Sure Sign of the Nail: "This token is given by clasping the right hands, interlocking the little fingers, and placing the tip of the forefinger upon the center of the wrist."

Date: October 15, 2013 05:15PM

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 02:32AM

"Your Endowment is to receive all those ordinances in the House of the Lord, which are necessary for you to enable you to walk back into the presence of the Father, passing the angels who stand as sentinels, being enabled to give them key words, the signs, and tokens, pertaining to the Holy Priesthood, and gain your eternal exaltation."

I guess if someone buys this information they could sneak into heaven without all that righteousness nonsense.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 04:37AM

The tokens have already been sold....to you.
You bought them with your tithing and time spent as an 'active' member attending all your required meetings!

They're kind of like tissues or paper towels.
You can't sell them for much once you've used them!

Maybe if you stood on a corner and offered to sell them each for a dollar and had an upside down hat to put the money in you could make a bit.
Choose a place where a lot of people are standing in line, but have some pocket change.

Kind of like Jugglers who entertain the lines who are waiting to get into the Seattle Aquarium.

Or try the Farmers Market. Just set up a few stalls down from the street fiddler and the guitar player....:D

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 04:45AM

I don't get the difference between the signs and tokens. Tokens Re the handshakes right?

Posted by: lump ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 04:54PM

...the tokens are handshakes, given to the couple playing Adam and Eve by the officiator who in turn gives them to all of those doing the session. The signs (many of which disappeared in 1990) are given simultaneously to the whole session.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 04:59PM

Are you kidding me?!? The market fell out on tokens when "W" was in the white house..they're practically worthless now.....and I see no signs that the token market is recovering anytime in the near future either.

I would hold on to them for a while, let the market recover, give satan time to work his wiley ways to the point that people really want/ need those tokens again. Then you can sit back and let the cassh roll in!!!

Posted by: armtothetriangle ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 07:18PM

Nah, the free masons killed the market: http://www.ephesians5-11.org/handshakes.htm

Scroll down

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.