Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 12:19PM

Don't know if anyone has posted on this or not, but watching DWTS, Leah Remini makes references to leaving Scientology, the oppression, the shunning since she has left, etc. this week, her dance was actually about 'breaking free' and it was Katie Perry's newest 'hit song'. Some of the lyrics were "I sit quietly, nod politely".... Made me think of Mormons - especially Mormon women! I just wonder what Mormons who watch the show think of this because I know a lot watch the show.

I really liked Leah Remini on King of Queens, and I love that she's talking about these issues as they relate to Scientology. I hope it's making others THINK!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2013 12:19PM by dogeatdog.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 12:25PM

"I really liked Leah Remini on King of Queens, and I love that she's talking about these issues as they relate to Scientology. I hope it's making others THINK!"

IMO...She should knock off the leaving scientology talk on THIS show. I don't watch this show but I assume people watch it for the entertainment/train-wreck quality of it.

That being said, Leah SHOULD talk about it in a book and any talk show that wants to have her on...She does have some valuable insight to this "religion" and I'm sure people want to hear about it.....

Posted by: summer nli ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 12:50PM

DWTS has one night each season where the stars delve into deeply personal issues and then express tose issues (good or bad) through their dance. It is a hugely popular show each season. I don't think that Leah ever mentioned Scientology directly. But everyone knew what she was referring to.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 04:48PM

Yes, exactly. And a good point on her actually talking about it separately in interviews and/or a book.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.