Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: missblue ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 01:16PM

Every now and then I browse on the BYU Memes website to get an idea of what's going on in the Mormon world, especially since a lot of my friends are still a big part of it. Most of the time the memes are harmless, but then I saw this one...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202396026530769&set=o.228394063918921&type=1&theater

Of course all the BYU Meme fans are just sitting around and waiting for the angry feminists to come by and start a flame war. What drives me nuts is that firstly, feminism in the Mormon world appears to be the equivalent of a four letter word. Also, the fact that none of these young, college-educated adults is even seeing how blatantly sexist their church is.

They make the whole argument seem so simplistic and in reality don't even fully comprehend the reasons behind the women's movement in the LDS church.

I don't think I'm gonna check out that site anymore, makes me too angry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 01:29PM

Mormons are just socially unconscious. Calling feminists silly? You've got to be kidding. This meme is what I would expect from grade schoolers.

If they had any class at all, they would deal with a serious issue like equality for women as something to at least be discussed with respectful intelligence.

Although, I do find it strange as hell that these women who claim to be testimony bearing mormons are not accepting the words of the Lord's prophets that the priesthood is for men only. If you believe they speak for God himself, how do you justify going against him? Mormons!

Posted by: NewPerspective ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 01:36PM

Wow. Some of the comments under the picture.. smh

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 01:49PM

Doesn't their misogynist mascot have a sex?

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 10:55PM

I know, it looks like a eunuch with a butt plug. Oops, maybe that's a tail.

The comments are good. Funny how most of them just can't see that when some of us were growing up, that rabbit would have stood for white people telling Blacks how silly it was that they wanted the priesthood. It was just as likely in our minds as women getting it. But almost all BYU students today were born many years after the lifting of the priesthood ban and the fallout from that. They have no concept of what it was like under that doctrine.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 02:05PM

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 02:13PM

Silly mormons...fairy tales are for kids

Posted by: wideawake ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 04:56PM

what's really disturbing is a woman put that up there. they must be really brainwashed to the point where they participate in their own oppression.

and for those types of women out there - any of you 1 - ever had a job? 2 - ever voted in an election? 3 - consider yourself a person?

if they answer yes to any of this then they are hypocrites as it's the hard work of feminists that enabled them to have these things.

silly MORmONs indeed.

Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 05:10PM

Utah was the second state to petition for women's right to vote.

Posted by: Oh Yeah! ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 05:44PM

David Jason posted, "Utah was the second state to petition for women's right to vote."

Correct, David Jason, however I suspect the purpose for including women in the vote was to make the unified Mormon voting block more formidible. The sheer lackluster growth of women's rights, or response to the needs of women in Utah strongly suggests their right to vote is merely Male Mormon Theater, and little more.

The happy news is women in Utah do have the right to vote, and should they begin to awake spiritually and politically they could cut their own puppet strings and become quite a formidible voting block unto themselves. Watch out Utah, you might be sleeping with the enemy before you know it.

Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 10:42PM

I read somewhere, or maybe I'm just making this up,
Utah wanted their women to vote so the men could tell their 27 wives who to vote for. Do you think they would dare vote their own conscious?

Posted by: wideawake ( )
Date: October 16, 2013 01:14AM

While that may be that once upon a time they petitioned for it, it seems they aren't faring to well these days in terms of equality:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1034275,1034297#msg-1034297

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 08:43PM

This shows that women really are their own worst enemies, and if brainwashed enough, they're even more sexist against their own gender than the men are.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 05:38PM

All those BYU memes are sooo irritating and/or ridiculous that I almost want to report the page as anti-Mormon hate speech. Making Mormons look so bad, ridiculous and foolish that the site must be run by anti-Mormons trying to give Mormons a bad name.

Posted by: dontwanttobeanLDSidiot ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 06:46PM

The BYU Memes I hate is when they praise their precious GA's like they are God. Irritating beyond belief. But on the bright side one person decided to inform the ignorant Mormons that the priesthood isn't real.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 06:56PM

That's one childish CULTure there.

Posted by: sha'dynasty ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 09:08PM

Reading the comments on that picture gave me chills. These people are so ignorant.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.