Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 16, 2013 09:26AM

Would God hat it if His servants made it as easy to leave as it was to join LDS Inc.?

I am a demitted Freemason. They never try to "activate" me and leaving it was as easy as filling out a form.

I don't know if I believe in a God. I think I probably don't but I haven't cut the metaphysical cord to The Universe at large and I mean large.

I couldn't remain a Mason in good standing. You can't be a good-faith agnostic Freemason. It is kinda a requirement to believe in some kind of Great Architect of The Universe.

So, why doesn't this grand Mormon god-man via his "prophets" get them a revelation to create some kind of "cease and desist" process to get the Mormon off your back? It is easy to descend into a Mormon font and take a bath with them so why not a simple form to fill out to tell them you have no intention of wanting them in your life any more and all you have to do is YOU contact them to get back into their game?

Mormon Jesus is a jealous god I guess.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 16, 2013 09:54AM

I hate it when people say that the problem with marriage in this country is that it's too easy to get divorced. Obviously anyone who's said that has never gone through a divorce.

No, the problem is that it's too easy to get married.

Date: October 16, 2013 01:16PM

NormaRae Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, the problem is that it's too easy to get
> married.

And eternally so in Mormonism. There is absolutely no kind of pre-martial counseling, hoops etc. in LDS Inc.

They apparently think "What God binds on earth" becomes His job to sort out later.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 16, 2013 02:45PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NormaRae Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No, the problem is that it's too easy to get
> > married.
>
> And eternally so in Mormonism. There is absolutely
> no kind of pre-martial counseling, hoops etc. in
> LDS Inc.
>
> They apparently think "What God binds on earth"
> becomes His job to sort out later.

That's true, the only hoops a Mormon couple has to go through is to be able to attend the temple by staying chaste, and avoiding coffee and tea. In Mormonism, there are often quick engagements so the couple can avoid the major sin of premarital sex and the stigma of having to wait a year after a civil wedding ceremony to be able to go to the temple. They're taught from birth that when they get married, it has to be in the temple, and for girls, it's thought of as their main goal in life, to marry a RM in the temple ASAP.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 16, 2013 04:08PM

If there is a God, I doubt he/or she gives a rat's a$$ for a bunch of loons in a Utah based cult. He's got much larger issues to worry about, like being blamed for not intervening in multiple famines, genocides and untold atrocities in a variety of wars and skirmishes, which, if the Bible is to be believed, would have caused him to smite a whole $hitload of warlords, evil doers and miscreants back in the day....

Ron Burr

Date: October 16, 2013 05:20PM

Take all homo sapiens sapiens who have ever lived.
Take all the know space in The Universe.
Take all the know time (equals the above) known to have occurred.

Now imagining all of that, take all the dead people who have been baptized Mormon (while they were alive or dead) and all the living Mormons and ask yourself - does God only reveal truth to this many of his creations?

The answer is a resonding "No."

God had a lot of time to save a lot more of his creations.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.