Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 11:21PM

Tonight DH and I took the kids to Peter Piper Pizza and ordered a pitcher of beer. As we were drinking our brewskys with dinner, our former HT comes out of no where and over to our table to say hello and that they miss us at church.

Awkward.

Then, I kid you not, about 15 mins after we get home, the EQP "randomly" shows up at our house to see how we're doing. Now maybe I'm overreacting and it's probably just a coincidence but still, it was really unsettling.

I mean I've totally heard members ratting eachother out so the possibility that this HT of ours called up the EQP to tell on us isn't surprising to me.

But it's still unsettling to be watched, reported.

CULT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 12:44AM by goldenrule.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 11:31PM

...so active members are being pressured more than ever to go get 'em.

Another gauge of the ever-increasing level of desperation of the Church.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: February 04, 2011 11:34PM

I wish someone would tell me they miss me at church. I'd say, "Why, are you lonely? Is no one showing up?"

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 12:35AM

EQP: "Just droppin by to see how your doing"
Me: "we were doing great till you rang"

Posted by: joesmyth ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 12:43AM

There shouldn't be any doubt here, this is common for LDS everywhere.

Of course it's creepy. You and I live in a database we'll never leave, and they probably wouldn't ex-communicate us if we asked. Even if they did, we'd still contribute to their statistics, even as "members" if they're desperate enough. I suspect they're so tired of lying about their stats that they want us to return so they can inflate the numbers with fewer white lies, but this is passe. In the year 2011 the "cool way" to be databased and have every little move and action stalked forever is to get on Facebook. I'm sure they'll buy the church eventually.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 12:43AM

Posted by: BenJensen ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 01:35AM

Funny because a while bqck my wife's TBM mom was scanning these boards, guessed my wife's username, then confronted her about it. My wife felt like she had total anonymity and was shocked because of how subversive it was and how her mom sought things out to take offense at which were never intended for her or any other LDS brainchild.

Funny that they all have the "hall monitor" mentality like that. Maybe they want to make sure you aren't having too much fun?

Posted by: chainsofmind ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 01:36AM

Resign

Posted by: joesmyth ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 01:44AM

i downplay the cult-status of the church a lot because i honestly believe it's the mildest of all of them. of course, saying "mild cult" is a bit like saying...

well anyway, the surest sign lds is a cult is the tabs they keep on people. even a small town can't compete with the level of meticulous organization and personal knowledge the church has. the irony is they'll never, ever know you, only your actions and level of compliance. a bit robotic to be sure. oh and if you really want to be anon on a site like this, don't give enough "personal details" to narrow it down. i don't mean name and phone number, i mean: "i went to buy shoes last wednesday."

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 02:25AM

Maybe deep inside thats what the EQP was hoping for.

Posted by: chiefluma ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 06:52AM

I had the same happned this last night, wow The one of my OLD Home Teachers came over and told me hey we really missed you on Sundays, wth dude i havent been for a year!!!

hahahah, what a joke! They are trying to get the lost sheep? yeah right! Don't drag me back into that cult again!

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 08:29AM

HT: "President X..how are you?

EQP: "Fine, brother, fine. How are you? What can I do for you"

HT: "Doing good President. Well it's a sad story..I ah..well.sniff..sniff..just a second president (clears throat) I felt impressed to visit Peter Piper Pizza tonight, I never go there, but for some reason, I felt that I needed to just stop by, not to buy anything, but just to go in...(pause)..it was there that I saw Brother Goldenrule and his dear family. I immediately went up to their table, and then President, I knew the reason that I had been impressed to go to this Pizza Parlor...there I saw Brother Golden with a pitcher of beer (snif snif) with his boys sitting there. He was just drinking the beer, and I just felt so bad for him, and his family. I just wanted to let you know so that we can help this poor family. Obviously, the adversary has wormed his way in, and we need to do something."

EQP: "Brother X. Thank you for being of a heart and mind that the spirit can prompt you in situations like this. We live in difficult times, and we are seeing the adversary work his evil among the saints. I will visit this family immediately. Thank you."

KNOCK KNOCK.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 01:35PM

OMG that is probably EXACTLY how it went down. Shudders.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 08:37AM

As do TBMs. They resent our freedom.

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 12:22PM

Makes ya feel all cozy and loved, doesn't it?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 12:49PM

You can even inform him that since he is an official representative of LDS Inc specifically assigned to your family, your membership is terminated as of right now, so you will expect him to honor his legal responsibilities and see that you get no more membership-related visits, effective immediately.

Blows the doors off an email resignation. Not to mention the ward phone tree will light up like the Fourth of July. :)

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: February 05, 2011 01:57PM

Just tell them you need them to help you with money now, considering all the tithes you paid in the past.

Then watch them run for the hills.

Mormonism has been a fraud from its very beginning.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.