Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 11:01AM

What's up with the art on Arturo's wall?
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/51177382-90/debate-enforcement-immigration-latinos.html.csp

Excerpt from article:
"He met some members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and he joined the church. He belatedly went to high school and earned a degree, and went on a church mission.

"He became acquainted with LDS families from Utah who helped him obtain a student visa. He lived with them in Utah while attending LDS Business College. He met his wife, Niki, a native Utahn, at a church dance. When he married her, he qualified to become a permanent legal resident and later a U.S. citizen....

"He added, 'When I see people coming here from any other part of the world illegally, with intention of breaking the laws and draining the system to take advantage of social services, somebody has to stand up and say enough is enough.'"

That last bit sounds like echo-chamber talking points. There's another active thread discussing married BYU students who are taking advantage of social services.

And if LLan attended LDS Business College, he also took advantage of social services.

Maybe he should have taken a course in art appreciation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 11:05AM

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 11:10AM

Those are historical documents depicting the actual experiences of his ancestors the Lamanites.

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 11:38AM

Thanks, voltaire. Being a never-mo living amongst 'em, the "art" for which they pay good money astounds me. Sometimes I see this schlocky sh*t displayed on easels in their living rooms, as if the easel made it more important, or more arty.

Now that I know LLan wanted images depicting his ancestors getting the axe, or sword, or obsidian-chipped club upside the head, I understand.

No doubt this inspires him to avoid angering his fellow church members, and also inspires him to put the sword to immigrants who are not yet citizens of the USA.

I see from the story that LLan married a real mormon, one born and raised in Utah. This makes me think that the LDS Church should import more males suitable for singles wards. From what I hear from mormon friends, those singles wards are hell on earth and could use some new blood. Join our singles ward, and we'll provide a path to citizenship.

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 01:16PM

Does he dress up like this when he plays that tacky white baby grand in the corner:
http://www.judgeofmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/image_liberace_jom.jpg

Posted by: 665 N' 1/2 ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 11:32AM

"So what if they are giclee prints, they are church approved."

No one with any sense of style or skills in gallery hanging would EVER shove that many pieces so close together.

I would not trust his enchiladas.
One day while in Arizona I came across a rally(which) often happens here.

(Sometimes in the thousands)

When I realized that I was on the hatemongers side of the street(I really had no idea what was going on)-I quickly went to the other side and enjoyed the company of the hard laboring.

Funny, there were no Hispanic gentlemen in the hatemongers group.

In Phoenix he would be labeled as "bleached" and politically targeted by the Latino community.

He would be challenged at every step.

Here he would be Judas.

Has feels safe in predominantly white/Mormon Utah.

It is certainly his right to challenge illegal immigration.

I suppose they feel that racial profiling is okay when you pull over people that have not broken US laws.

I might send this guy Anne Franks diary.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a51aec3ae0/oh-arizona

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 11:46AM

Posted by: nomomoses ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 01:02PM

I like the BofM artwork. It gave my gay side something to look at during boring meetings ; )

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.