Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nomomoses ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 11:40AM

One testimony I heard yesterday I actually agreed with. A lady I had grown up with in her testimony stated "None of us really know what kind of man Joseph Smith really was".

I could agree with that one. She also proceeded to praise some of the non and inactive members that have been very helpful to her this winter (she is a successful single mom).

As far as the other testimonies, my DW got a little irritated at my running commentaries. Just trying to make the meeting a little more bearable. I also showed her changes in the BofM. My daughter had my pre-mission copy, that still had "White" and delightsome passages.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 11:42AM

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 12:16PM

nomomoses Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> my DW got a
> little irritated at my running commentaries. Just
> trying to make the meeting a little more bearable.

I become a little worried towards the end about our conduct in sac meeting. Too much of the meeting had her rolling her eyes about something that was said, or me leaning over and whispering in her ear about how stupid something was.

I got worried that people behind us would notice too much cometary, so we sat on the back row.

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 12:21PM

We were in one of the Wymount Terrace (married) wards. I used to sit back and poke fun at some of the nonsense, with my DW at the time. I got called into the Bishop's office for being "cynical." Apparently, someone had over heard a cyncial whisper to my wife. He grilled me for 1/2 hour about my testimony, etc. I think the problem was that I was used to a very noisy Sac Mtg environment growing up, wherein you could whisper, etc. and go unnoticed because of all the distractive noises (i.e. kids screaming, etc). In that YBU ward, there was dead silence in the congregation.

Posted by: nomomoses ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 01:15PM

At least I don't have to worry about the bishop anymore.
I have learned to say "no" to anybody that wants to talk when I can tell they want to tell me I have chosen a wrong path.

Maybe the bishop would ask me to stop attending with DW & DD.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.