Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: olive ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 03:38PM

My husband and I bought our house and moved in about a year ago. In the first couple of weeks that we moved here, we got suprise visits from the missionaries about 4 times. We mentioned something to my husband's aunt who we suspected of giving the missionaries our address since she lives so close (her ward and the ward we'd go to meet in the same building). After that we didn't hear from the missionaries for a long time. About a week and a half ago though they called my husband up in the morning and invited us to a "fire and ice competition." Basically, a chili cook-off with ice cream for dessert. Husband thanked them for the invite but we didn't go.

This past weekend I found out from my SIL that the missionaries had asked her about us. She was attending church with a friend and they were meeting at that same building. I really love SIL because she's young and spunky. She wouldn't go if MIL didn't make her and knows about me not wanting them there. According to SIL, the conversation went like this:

Missionary: So where's your brother?
SIL: Uhhh, probably where he usually is when he's not working. You know, enjoying his day off.
Missionary: Where does your brother live?
SIL: (names the town we live in which is also the same name as the ward.)
Missionary: Well, we need his address so we can visit him. His records aren't here did you know that? Do you know where his records are?
SIL: He probably never transferred them over when he moved.
Missionary: Well, if you give us his birthday and his address we can send them over here. I'm sure he'd appreciate that and we can visit him.
SIL: Look, I'm not going to give you his address. If he hasn't had them sent over I'm sure there's a reason. And he works until midnight and sleeps in the mornings and he works every day (that's an exaggeration). And I know that his wife definitely doesn't want you over either. So I wouldn't bother.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 05:05PM

My stupid family supplied those assholes my address and phone number for years in the vain hope that I would magically become a stooge for the cult once again.

At least your SIL had the remarkable good sense to tell them to knock it off. And to think all that attitude comes from a pushy 19-year-old!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.