Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 06:04PM

Parents and I slept through the meeting. YAY! So it was a good Sunday. We actually had semi-nice family time, as nice as this family gets I suppose. Not too terrible.

Maybe it was just me, but I didn't feel as excited watching the Superbowl as last year, and the crowd was booing so much I got super irritated.

And I wasn't even cheering for anybody! Didn't have a preference. So for all you people who are into the subconscious dream stuff, I had a kicker one last night. Here it goes:

It started out, my parents were sleeping. The setting was an open basement, and a bed that looked KIND of like the one in RL(Real Life), but the base was different.

The connection wasn't made in dream. The dream was "real"(if you know what I mean).There was this guy in their bed(not like that), and he was trying to kill them.

He didn't have a gun as far as I recall. I believe he was wrestling with them. And I am standing by, quietly, I think he doesn't notice me. And if he does I don't appear to be a threat. In dream it was the first situation, I assumed.

I end up near the window on the opposite side of the bed, at the beginning of the bed I was facing towards the bed, and I moved to the left where the window was. I feel a gun on the window sill, directly under the blinds. My younger brother came downstairs(looked nothing like he does in RL. Younger in dream. Connection was not made until after dream.)

The killer and my parents lay still, scared of scaring my brother. The killer had a mask that covered his face and was white like the killer from Scream, but wasn't as oblong, and the mouth hole and eyes were the same, the mask covered the face like a normal face.

They are covered by the sheets except for their faces, and they are laying down, heads facing the opposite side of the headboard. My parents were smushing the killer, trying to hide his face from my brother. I tell my brother everything's fine and to go back to sleep.

My dad is shouting at me to shoot the killer. I get scared to shoot him, but not for the logical reason. All of a sudden he's a cat, it seemed normal, and I didn't remember that he was a killer. I think that I had to kill him because he had to be put down. I knew I had to shoot the cat.

The cat looked exactly like an old cat we had that died after it snuck out of the house. I shot the cat once and it didn't do much, and the second time I shot the cat he walked into the corner to die. I remember putting our dog Lucky down(this happened fairly recently in RL), and remembered how fast she stopped breathing. It was similar with the cat.

I clipped off the collar, it seemed significant, it was the same when the cat died in RL, we kept the collar as a keepsake memory. And we took Lucky's collar as well. The last thing I remember before the dream ended was: I hope Jessie(my sister) understands.

The last thought may be signifacant because, this cat(Tigger) was her cat.

Interpret away.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2011 06:43PM by anon123.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gullibles Travels ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 06:45PM

Gives me weird dreams like that.

Date: February 07, 2011 08:08PM

Don't take Xanax. Didn't take any medication last night.

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 07:02PM

OK, I'll take a shot at it. The guy trying to kill your parents is the LDS church. For some reason your parents don't want your younger brother to know how bad the religion is, so they're trying to hide it. Your dad knows at some level that the LDS religion is destroying him, so he asks you to destroy its hold on him and your mother. He wants out but wants it kept quiet. You hope your sister understands because she's still a believing member.
I don't know what any of your family thinks about the LDS religion in real life, so this could be way off.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 11:15PM

Did you all fall asleep in a church meeting or did you sleep in in your comfy bed and miss church?

Date: February 07, 2011 11:38PM

comfy bed and miss church. :)

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: February 08, 2011 08:28PM

I'm glad to hear you are getting some sleep.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.