Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 10:00PM

So, I'm watchn too much TV this week and see Glenn Beck open and sip a Coke? What the? Can TBMs do this now? Geez, I was out long ago but, Coke was a no-no back then.

And, Marie Osmond is doing those diet shop commercials with a low cut shirt, beggin the questions... Are her garmies crammed down in there? Not there? New cosmo style garmies? LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 10:01PM by FreeRose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: laluna ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 10:05PM

They ALL drink coke now and a TON of it. I can remember, not that long ago, all the mormon kids I knew had to drink root beer. I am not sure what changed.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 10:09PM

Next you'll be telling me they sell it at BYU now.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 12:34AM

I got permission to go with other sisters to the mall. Of course, being 25 and a college grad, I still assumed I was capable of making my own decisions and saw no prob with picking up a 6 pack of Dr. Pepper. Some beotch saw me and the other sisters carrying it back to the bus and came up to me and demanded to know if I was taking the Dr. Pepper to the MTC. I just started laughing and said "Yep, smuggling it in" and walked off. I'll bet she had a very satisfying demonstration of self-righteousness among her friends and associates. She seemed filled with righteous indignation.

And I'll bet her kids and grandkids all drink Coke/Pepsi/Dr. Pepper nowadays.

As far as I can see, the rule with celebrities is if you are popular enough and tithe, the church will look the other way.

Posted by: almostgone ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 10:15AM

Dieter F. Uchtdorf "...now I have to close my garage door before taking my Dr. Pepper out of the trunk so my neighbor don't see it..."

Given at mission presidents training in the MTC last June. :

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.