Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 06:39PM

The other night I went out with some friends for a birthday celebration. I wore a simple sleeveless black dress. I think I looked very nice and classy.

Anyway, I posted just a few of these on FB and my psycho TBM SIL calls DH and starts interrogating asking why the flip (yes "flip") I wasn't wearing my garments and if he knew I was going out to clubs. She asked him if he saw the "scandalous" pics of me on FB and that she hopes he gave me crap for it. She also said she's worried about us and our salvation.

WTF. Ugh.

I promptly de-friended her.

I am tempted to call her and tell her she should really be more worried about her home going into foreclosure and her 3rd baby she's about to pop out instead of whether or not I'm wearing garments.

Unfortunately I can't go off on her for DH's sake. Sigh. It's times like these when I'm so grateful the crazy TBM in-laws live far away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 06:44PM

Wow! And WHY do they think it is any of THEIR BUSINESS?

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 06:45PM

titillated her, poor dear. It's hard for TBMs to classify things like shoulders when no one has told them exactly how to react. It makes her anxious.

Yikes, at least she talked to DH and not you.

Date: February 07, 2011 06:53PM

Oh she did call me but I didn't answer (assuming it would be stupid drama as it always is with her). I wish I would have now so I could have given her a piece of my mind.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 07:01PM

Posted by: Gullibles Travels ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 09:37PM

According to one of my SIL's I have a 'drinking problem' and she is SOOOO worried about me after I was 'caught' having amaretto in my coffee one morning (a whole teaspoon! and in my own home) and a couple of beers at a renn fair.

This SIL doesn't get the pleasure of our hospitality any more.

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 09:44PM

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 09:56PM

Date: February 08, 2011 12:12AM

Well it's kinda complicated because I'm not totally out to his family. They live far away and it would just cause unnecessary DRAMA (clearly, I mean they can't even handle a little exposed shoulder for Christ's sake).

But DH just said I sometimes don't wear Gs when I go out and that it's not a big deal and that there's nothing to worry about.

DH is pretty NOM so he thinks his family is too extreme yet he doesn't feel it's necessary to leave the church like I do. So while I would love for him to bitch out his family like I would, I understand why he doesn't. But on a good note he did tell his sister it's weird to ask about the underwear I choose to wear.

Posted by: dieter ( )
Date: February 08, 2011 12:13AM

Link so we can see

Posted by: Rose Park Ranger ( )
Date: February 08, 2011 12:17AM

Well, I'm a Nevermo so I never know what it's really like.

But deleting my Facebook account did give me a few sensations like I have read about here from people who get their Greg Dodge letter.

Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 01:04AM

There more problems in the world, than gasssp a black dress, and this SIL's gravity makes it the end of the world? I've seen, blinded children here in the glorious "Peoples'" Republic of China. Blinded and begging for money on the bus. I've seen mothers allowing their children to "Go" in the streets. My step brother had a knife to his throat for money, (although he was wandering unsavory places, hmmm wandering a dark ally way a workers town that resembles Mos Esiley Space port. Bright Alan real bright there dude), neverless that was pretty traumatic). Hell children get squished by school bricks here and the government takes away their ashes from the parents.

And this lady has a political fit over a black dress?!!??!! Hell I had my mother in law, hold a knife in her hand threatening me that she'd dook me, because I take TWO showers a day, and I poop too much, and apparently this is eating up all the money.

And this lady I donated bone marrow to, her body is slowly disolving, she has to maintain her health very well, wear a flu ninja surgeon mask in public places, takes medication that has terrible side effects like popping her eye veins.....

Tell your sister in law, she is an infantile little baby, and that SHE should be using the the wipes not her children.

Posted by: topojoejoe ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 01:46AM

wtf? I think the minute she went to DH to vomit about you, that gives you every right to go off on her. Go for it, tear a strip off her, and give her something to make her jaws drop.

I would tear her to shreds. What is the worst she can do? Nothing. She comes back at you, there is one thing you can tell her (or DH).... to make sure she keeps her nose out of other people's business and it won't bite her in the ass.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 07:00AM

Unlike other religions, there's no accommodation for varying degrees of belief and devotion. Anything other than (the appearance of) 100% conformity is perceived as the end of the world. And nonconformity is seen as a contaminating threat to the fold. And so the LDS church shoves people away. Keep it up, folks.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 07:18AM

I can't reply without seeing the photos. ;)

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 10:39AM

Only a mormon would find that behavior to be appropriate.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.