Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 10:10AM

Recently TSCC gloated that they were consulted on preparing a "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" category for the broadcast version of the gameshow Jeopardy.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765640134/The-LDS-Church-appears-as-a-category-on-Jeopardy.html

So...It struck me it would be nice to make an on-line version of not just a category, but a whole Jeopardy game devoted to exposing the fraud of Mormonism in an entertaining way.

I'd like to put up on-line a Jeopardy-like game with categories like these:

Category: The First Vision

Answer: The number of versions of the First Vision told by Joseph Smith Question: What is nine?

Answer: The number of years between the time the First Vision was said by Joseph Smith to have occurred and its discussion with the membership of the church. Question: What is 22?

Etc.

Category: The Kinderhook Plates

Answer: Where the characters on the Kinderhook Plates were derived from. Question: What is a tin of tea?

Answer: The name of the individual the history of whom Joseph Smith said the Kinderhook Plates recorded. Question: Who is Hamm?

Etc.

Category: LDS Church Finances

Answer: The estimated annual tithing revenue of the LDS Church. Question: What is $5 billion?

Answer: The cost of of the highest priced condominium in LDS church owned City Creek Center. Question: What is $1.2 million.

Answer: A low-paid church educator, his home is worth over $1 million. Question: Who is Boyd Packer

Answer: He retired as a modestly compensated university adminstrator in [year], but has already bought two homes worth $1.2 million, with the property tax bills sent to church headquarters. Question: Who is David Bednar

You get the idea.

I've played with it for a short time, and I could use some help. Is anyone interested in collaborating by providing categories, answers, and questions?

I think it might be a cool "missionary" tool to send people to.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nancy Rigdon ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 11:11AM

The age of Joseph's youngest wife? 14. bonus: how many years between them at the time of marriage? 24.

The man worthy enough to be sent on a mission to Israel by Joseph, but not worthy enough to be sealed to his own wife? Orson Hyde. bonus - who was the wife, Miranda, sealed to and when? Joseph Smith, when Orson was in Israel.

Posted by: lifegoeson ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 11:18AM

How about a category called: Wives of

Who pushed Eliza Snow down a set of stairs?

Which wife of Brigham Young wanted a divorce and went on to speak out against polygamy?

Posted by: Crusader ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 09:16AM

The TBMs are waking up I can see it clearly in my own ward even the strongest long termers are whispering quietly, but no big noise yet,I fear for them if the truth ever comes out I think most of them would rather not know, they have invested all of there lives in Lds,how will they pick up the pieces and continue with there lives without the comfort of the church,someone needs to start a new type of community meeting place so that these people will still have comfort in each other, this is serious those people will need support to deal with the truth as it emerges which it will,it's unstoppable,the truth will out.
No doubt that the anointed one is considering this and maybe that's the reason for delay,I believe that the church GAs will do all in there power to stop Tom Phillips, I hope he continues the fight as he has promised,some things really are more important than money,where do we go from here???

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.