Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Good Luck ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 09:21AM

DH has not been inside a ward building in 10 years and I got his to let me take his name off their list 2007 took 14months to get the names off because the BP is a a?? . He down south visit his dad and a friend ask them all to dinner he said yes because she helps us with FIL (need that we are 600 miles away).
When they got there for dinner 4 more people were there all from the ward he was in down there and the question started 5 min after getting there and the hugging end it.
1) Were are your?
2) What your calling
3) You remarried what her calling
4) Were you marred in the DC or BOS temple
5) Where are your child’s can we have their address
You know the list, he did make a jaw drop talking about our son that the same age as the son they know he never used the word stepson and FIL was laugh all night.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AmIWhiteYet? ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 09:36AM

It allows them to rank and file you in the Mormon hierarchy. It's a points system with points for:

1. Being sealed in the temple
2. Having a calling
3. Being in a high position of power (i.e. Bishop, High Council, Stake President, etc.)
4. Being BIC
5. Being related to a GA

The more points you amass, the greater they assume your righteousness even though really none of these things have anything to do with it.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 09:41AM

Years ago I was taught you were BIC because you were more righteous in the pre-existence.

I think you get points for having more children, having them go on missions, and having them be at BYU.

Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 11:36AM

longgone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Years ago I was taught you were BIC because you
> were more righteous in the pre-existence.
>
I was taught that too. One of my closest friends growing up was Hispanic. Her family was in every way a model Catholic family. Both parents are very active in the local parish, both teach religious education, and both were very involved in their kids' lives in school as well. I became close to both of them because both of them chaperoned various school trips and volunteered a lot of time at the school. I just couldn't think that I was somehow better than Mr and Mrs Salazar in the preexistence. They were better than a lot of other Mormons I knew.

I know how the points system works and I'm still amazed that my dad became a bishop. By that point, he had two children apostatize and formally request name removal. But through his mother's side of family, he is related to Marion G. Romney. My mother's side of the family includes the vast Flake clan, so maybe that scored him some points.

Posted by: Good Luck ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 10:15AM

they called my FIL to tell DH they would pick him up on Sunday and take him to church his mad. Just said well that will be a long drive for them (he will be in CT by then).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.