Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Unindoctrinated ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 08:33PM

I attended a CES seminar with Daniel Ludlow and he talked about the disparity in carbon-dated earth and biblical 6000-year-old earth. His explanation was that we have no idea how long earth was in a paradisical Garden of Eden state, before Eve ate the apple (and began the 6000 year countdown).

By his own doctrine, this cannot be true, because in a terrestrial world, lambs and lions are buddies. T-Rexes wouldn't eat velociraptors, and we know that some dinosaurs were carnivores. (And dinosaurs and man living at the same time. Say what? Maybe he thought Adam came later. Who knows. And if there's no death, then how come the bones? And a hundred other questions like it.)

Also, the earth being assembled from other planets in great big chunks large enough to house fossils in perfect layers is really very humorous. True enough that "worlds" are "born" and "die." There is a cyclical life to stars, but they don't fling themselves in giant pieces into other worlds unless they're astroids. And even then, the flinging, piercing the atmosphere and crashing, changes them.

I don't understand why a BYU professor or any apologist would insult someone's intelligence like that. They must think that everyone else is stupid or gullible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 08:47PM

Once again, I post one of my fav vids. It's long, but well worth it. Let the deniers argue all they want, it's just vacuous BS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efpjE_wg_1M

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: February 09, 2011 09:30PM

Unindoctrinated said:
"There is a cyclical life to stars, but they don't fling themselves in giant pieces into other worlds unless they're astroids."

http://www.space.com/4888-rogue-stars-miscreants-galaxy.html
"Most of these speedy stars are thought to be exiles from the center of our galaxy, flung out into intergalactic space by the powerful forces of the massive black hole at the center of our galaxy."

Have any apologists used this to support the Mormon teaching that the planet earth was created near Kolob and then fell to its current position?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.