Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 03:03PM

I know this is off topic but Lindsay Lohan's court appearance yesterday confirmed something I've been laughing about for years with a few friends. I've had a few cases involving mentally unstable women (this is not a gender thing, just the fact of the situation) who've shown up to court to accuse someone of something awful wearing white from head to toe. (One was a defamation case where she claimed her employer had called her a whore and inpugned her virtue. Another was to claim she was being stalked by someone she was actually stalking...)

Each time the accusations were completely false and her outfit seemed intended to make the judge believe: See me dressed in white, I am pure and honest.

At least I've always believed that was the purpose of the whiteness.

Michael Jackson's family did the same thing during one of his trials--everyone showed up wearing white from head to toe.

So here Lindsay shows up to court deliberately wearing white to proclaim her innocence. http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2011/02/10/lindsay-lohan-court-outfit-dress-appropriate/?xid=rss-topheadlines

Amazing that people believe you can influence what others think of you and you can make yourself pure and innocent and clean and honest by adorning yourself in white...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 03:05PM

BUT it reminded me of the chorister in the singles ward. Every once in a while, she would be dressed in white head to toe, shoes, everything, and one of my guy friends leaned over one time when she was dressed in white and said, "Do you think it is a hint she wants to get married?"

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 04:05PM

with reflective patent leather pumps!

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 05:37PM

Overkill LOL.

She looked like that actress in Basic Instinct who offed her lovers with an ice pick.
Still an excellent movie.

Lindsay is a mess. But that's no excuse for breaking the law repeatedly.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.