Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 06:24PM

This is starting to sound like Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy

BIL: My grandmother was a Seventh Day Adventist. She actually met Ellen G. White and was so impressed with her, she remained in her faith her entire life.

Me: That's interesting.

BIL: Yeah, but we baptized her after she died. (ho hum)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 06:40PM

Why even bother with a missionary program at all. Just wait for people to die and then dead dunk them all AFTER. Wouldn't even have to bother proselytizing anyone.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: February 11, 2011 12:26AM

But then they wouldn't get the tithes and offerings and get new people to clean the toilets! Think! ;^)
Susan

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: February 11, 2011 12:34AM

And they need young men to make this two year sacrifice to solidify their commitment to the church- and to breed with the YWs for another generation of tithepayers.

In fact, they don't even care about converts as much as they do about converting the missionary to a life of morg servitude.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: February 11, 2011 12:59AM

I totally agree. We all know missionary work isn't about spreading the gospel.

Has anyone seen the RM? You know that part where Jared's love interest asks him how many baptisms he had and he gets all uncomfortable so she rephrases her question - so how many converts did you have?

Jared: oh converts? Just me.

Yup. And there is the purpose of missionary work.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: February 11, 2011 12:48AM

Ok, DH's grandfather died last year and his stupid ass mom and sister are hounding him to do his temple work.

The thing is, he was a very devout Catholic his entire life, he was going to be a priest but met his wife and decided to marry instead. He died just short of their 70th wedding anniversary. He was old school where him and his wife would attend mass weekly. He specifically told DH's family he didn't want any "Mormon work" done after he died.

DH said, but mom what about the fact Grandpa said he didn't want his temple work done? Her response - honey he doesn't know what is best. Don't you want to do the right thing for him?

Oh effing gag me already. The man was 96 when he passed. I think he knew what was best for himself.

Which leads me to my next question - if we are the same on earth as we are on the other side, as in keeping all our knowledge we acquired, why the hell would he join the church when he was a devout Catholic?

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 11, 2011 12:55AM

Yeah, it is always "the person didn't know what was best" argument. Mormons are so arrogant. The brainwashing with all the B for the D stuff is so ingrained. It is one of the worst things about Mormonism. The disrespect they show others is bad enough as we live our lives, but upon death they put the final nail in the coffin. It is all hogwash but as the little 12 yr. old Mormons are brainwashed for yrs. and yrs., they come to believe all other people are just LOST and all they do is brag on themselves. What they do would offend God but they don't know our God. My dear grandson will have to do this and it pains me a lot.

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: February 11, 2011 01:05AM

He wouldn't want to be a Mormon....no way...doesn't matter if he wasn't a Catholic...if had wanted to well he would of joined...

They always know best thought...just dead dunk him for his own good...gag.

stormy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.