Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 02:27PM

I know we've beat this one good but it really pisses me off!

Every damn one of us was taught that a prophet doesn’t have to say “thus sayeth the lord” for it to be revealed truth when spoken in GC. Anyone who grew up in the church and denies this fact is a lying sack of poo!

Packer was speaking for God at that pulpit! There is not one justifiable reason for the censorship of one word that proceeded out of his mouth! Now goddamn it, when you raise your arm to the square and sustain him as prophet, seer, and revelator and you were taught this as a lifelong principle then he was in direct communication with god in pronouncing this so called “council” as he did it from the pulpit in front of the entire church!

You either let his words stand as they came out of his mouth or you stop raising your goddamned arm to the square! If the Apostles are not speaking for god at the pulpit then just when the hell are they “really” speaking as prophets?

Seriously, if not at the pulpit in front of the whole church then when?

Removing the proclamation revelation part and the, god don’t make gays part, changes everything and creates deniability.

It would seem to me that thinking mormons who see the censorship would be ashamed to have their church changing his words that they know will add fuel to the “critics” fire. Why would “inspired men” do that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 02:27PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 02:33PM

Exactly!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.