Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ihidmyself ( )
Date: February 13, 2011 10:04AM

about my doubts. I had to sneak on to this website and call other new exmo friends secretly because I didn't want to run the risk of losing my family, not in some fanciful eternal world, but in the here and now.

I remember one of the kind exmos who took me under her wing as I navigated my own mine field of Mormonism. She taught me that fear is a reasonable emotion after being taught to fear for 40 years. She told me she was so scared when she rode up to her first exmo gathering in SLC that she actually threw up in the car. But she faced her fears and helped me to face mine.

It took awhile. I remember driving to S. Cal. from Phoenix and wanting to try my first coffee but I didn't want to run the risk of getting seen by anyone I knew so I waited until I was about 100 miles out of town before I stopped off at a gas station to get a bottled Starbucks. LOL now but it didn't seem so funny then.

Then all the other baby steps towards becomming human. Allowing my brain to consciously question anything that didn't make sense. Gradually helping my wife to start questioning. Teaching our kids to think for themselves. Seeing the evil, manipulative thinking behind so much of organized religion. Discovering freedom.

And now my wife and three kids are out and have been for 11 years. No manipulation. No guilt mongering. Our kids are doing great. We have been accepted by our respected families (or should I say, we have accepted them?).

It's a beautiful day, lifes great and we will be heading over to Starbucks (in American Fork) at 10:00 this morning to just sit, relax and enjoy the company of some fellow exmos. Anyone who would like to join us is invited.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: February 13, 2011 10:27AM

thought so!! been around a while aintcha??? glad you have become comfortable in your own apostate skin!! :)

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: February 13, 2011 10:12AM

you are one fortunate dude!! in many families it seems that that doesnt happen!! count your blessings!! :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.