Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cactus Jim ( )
Date: December 31, 2013 04:31PM

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/escaping-the-prophet

"Escaping the Prophet" It's about her helping people leave Colorado City and the FLDS. First episode is January 7 on TLC.

"Breaking the Faith" had a lot of parts that were staged or instigated. The first time they went to a night club in their prairie dresses was a set-up. It seems like the Production Company didn't give a dam what they were doing to these poor girls out lost in a strange new world. It's all about ratings, screw the people.

"Escaping the Prophet" is by a different production company. It isn't staged. Flora doesn't allow people to manipulate her that way. It should be pretty good.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 04:50PM by Cactus Jim.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: December 31, 2013 06:30PM

I wish I had TLC. I would truly love to see this reality show. I have utmost respect for Flora Jessop. A brave lady!

Date: January 07, 2014 07:41PM

Date: January 07, 2014 07:41PM

Posted by: mrjones ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 08:12PM

Just watched a clip of it. Gave me chills. I remember my dad talking about Colorado City. It was called Short Creek back then. He was sympathetic to the polygamists even though he was main stream LDS. Joke about old Utah houses having so many exterior doors, so the men could get away.

The public side of the church frowns on polygamy, but underneath allot of people are just like my dad. How could they not be sympathetic when many Utah Mormons have relatives over there? I know that I do.

I usually don't like reality TV, but I'm glad that Flora is telling it like it is. Big love made it sound so ... normal.

Posted by: Shummie ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 10:08PM

Hey Jim, the clips look excellent.

That girl's outdone herself this time.

Alas I haven't run into her at xmo gigs for a couple of years now.

Found out Cox is running the show at 11 here in Phx. Thank god for dvd tv cause that's past my bedtime.

Looking forward to the show and say hello to her for me if possible.

What a gal our 98 pound wildcat Flora!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.