Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 01:18AM

http://samuel-warde.com/2013/12/mitt-romney-sued-racketeering-federal-court/

"Filed on October 18 in Los Angeles, CA, in an ironic twist of fate it was decided on November 6, the one-year anniversary of Romney’s loss to Barack Obama, that the lawsuit could go forward.

eToys executive Steven “Laser” Haas and his company, Collateral Logistics, Inc., was the court appointed fiduciary charged with overseeing the liquidation of eToys. Haas filed the suit after discovering multiple frauds while in the process of liquidating the company. In his affidavit to the Securities and Exchange Commission dated August 3, 2012, Haas charges, among other things, that he was offered $850,00 by Bain Capital to keep quiet about irregularities he uncovered.

There are allegations of murder and mayhem in addition to the breaking of federal racketeering laws."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon4this ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 01:42AM

Into the rabbit hole of Bain/Romney...........

Former Bain capital managing director, Robert (Bob) Gay, is now a General Authority. Lots of back story connecting Bain, Huntsman and the LDS church (not to mention mob ties).

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 11:13AM

...don't forget Bob Gay's dad, Frank, who was Howard Hughes' "Mormon Mafia" goon-handler. Oh yeah, and don't forget the so-called "Mormon Will" which was "supposedly" written by Howard, but was mysteriously "discovered" on someone's desk at the COB.......leaving the Church a big pot of $$$$.

...determined to be fraudulent and a hoax. Wha??......

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 03:06PM

Posted by: Dried Lock ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 01:55AM

Don't get too excieted Heleman. You never know who is talking to whom and also discussing Ex-Mormon

Posted by: Dreid Lock ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 02:04AM

Next time you dump on someone posting and pinning they are paranoid - you should know how public your abusive, mobbing, damage your actions did will become. Especially, as the truth comes out.

And when I am at a conference don't you dare have your daughter in law Susan I/S come to the table I am sitting at having a discussion and ask if the people want to go sit at HER table. Because I will not be polite a second time around.

Of course, you ppl cannot give others supportive advice because you are self serving montsters.

Posted by: Anon4this ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 02:12AM

These 2 responses sound carrrrrazzzzyyyyy! Dreid Lock, whoa man, take a sleeping pill and call your doctor in the morning. I'm interested in Romney and Bain, not your personal drama.

Posted by: Dried Lock ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 02:24AM

See, you just can't stop.

Posted by: ddt ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 04:24AM

You are a seriously damaged little boy.

Go play in traffic.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 03:52AM

I have zero clue what this person is talking about. Both my in-laws passed several years ago, I have not been to a conference since X2K. As to paranoid, that is for everyone to decide for themselves. :)

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 11:19AM

Must be Mitt's lawyer -- Dread Schlock

Posted by: schlock ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 11:43AM

I resemble that remark.

;)

And Happy New Year Ms. Lamanita, and everyone else here at RFM! You make my life spicy sometimes! Always a nice cure when the daily grind has got me in the doldrums.

And Romney & Bain? Gee, I'm appalled and shocked and incredulous, with all that money that was flowing back and forth and up and down, that questionable, possibly illegal practices occurred.

Wonder if the church minds that a good portion of the tithing Romney paid during his stint at Bain capital stemmed from what was probably ill-gotten booty. At the very least, it was money obtained by selling the blue-collar middle-income worker down the river.

I guess that's what bothers me about Romney and his painted smile. He did what he did at Bain, while wearing that same saccharin smile. Ugly really...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 12:17PM by schlock.

Date: January 02, 2014 11:55AM

: D

Happy New Year Schlock and to everyone on RFM!

Date: January 02, 2014 12:03PM

Stray Mutt mentioned that the Plaintiff's pleadings look unprofessional and asked if Haas is representing himself.

I noticed that too. He seems like he acting as his own attorney. I doubt if he has any legal experience.

On the Amended Complaint Haas identifies himself as a "Private Attorney General."

I was a legal assistant for many years, but never worked on Federal cases. This is the first time I've seen the term, "Private AG"

I looked it up:

"Private attorney general is an informal term usually used today in the United States to refer to a private party who brings a lawsuit considered to be in the public interest, i.e., benefiting the general public and not just the plaintiff.[1] The person considered "private attorney general" is entitled to recover attorney's fees if he or she prevails.

The rationale behind this principle is to provide extra incentive to private citizens to pursue suits that may be of benefit to society at large."

Actually I feel that he is in for the ride of his life. He is up against a lot of power players.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/21/victims-files-civil-racketeering-rico-complaint-mitt-romney.html

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 12:23PM by Senoritalamanita.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 12:59PM

Yeah some of the other critiques I have seen point out that the suit does not look professional. When I saw the Oct. 18th filing date I thought maybe it was part of the October surprise.

Posted by: LaserDLiquidator ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 12:50AM

If anyone has a manual for victims of organized crime; and how to address it when such is being put forth by one so powerful that he was TOP POTUS Wannabe;

then - by all means - forward such to yours truly!

------------------------------

What amazes me greatly, is the fact that it matters not how many laws skullduggers like Romney & Paul Traub (Capone/Nitti) actually break; and how many they hurt

if the victims haven't graduate summa cum laude from Law School, have a PHD in public expressionism; and don't have the ability to tell their tale of woe in John Grisham fashion.

Sheeessshhh!

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 02:44AM

It is now of FB

Posted by: Dreid Lock ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 02:45AM

There will be plenty coming out in the future, but not from folks like you. You don't know who is talking to whom.

You folks all ready showed yourselfs for what you are -

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 02:50AM

I think your braids are a bit too tight.

Posted by: armtothetriangle ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 03:16AM

I don't know the purpose of your threats, or why I'm awake at this hour, but your rants only confirm the effing lunacy of the mormon world. Thank God I'm out.

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 09:47AM

Exactly...

Yeah, we showed ourselves...this is an ex mo forum. We are ex mo's. We not only showed ourselves, we named ourselves.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 08:34AM

The rich usually get off, but maybe an Obama DOJ has an ax to grind. We can only hope.

Posted by: charles, not logged in ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 08:58AM

Jayzuz, what a weird thread! I opened this to read about Romney being sued and before you know it I either walked into the Twilight Zone or developed adult onset dyslexia! It doesn't help that I'm watching re-runs of the tv series Dexter.

Posted by: gungholierthanthou ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 09:53AM

Yeah, you poke a stick in the ground randomly for hours, even weeks or years. Nothing. The all of the sudden you hit the trigger on a landmine, and BAM!, you get an unexpected result. To use another, related metaphor, you gored someone's sacred cow.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 09:59AM

Is there a Urim and Thumim for this thread?

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 10:14AM

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 10:09AM

The eToys ripoff was Mitt? Why am I not surprised?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 11:50AM

I read the complaints. They seem oddly unprofessional in the way they're written. Is Haas self-representing?

Date: January 02, 2014 12:05PM

Stray Mutt,

Please see my comments above.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.