Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: February 13, 2011 07:40PM

anyone here disapointed in the former accomplishements of modern mormon prophets before they left their 'day job' to be a prophet? What? no miracles in their day job? no wrents in the universe when they let amazing solutions in and fixed former flaws on the planet, healing the ecosystm and humanity? making them a clear candidate no not for sainthood- we're all saints here- but for leader & Prophet !

can you believe it? one former mormon prophet participated in marketing or promoting cancer causing chemicals all over the world through the policies they promoted in the department of agriculture.
Can you believe it? rather than wrenching a hole in the universe and pulling a bunch of solutions- angels, holy pest eating insects like lady bugs LOl anything- through- what did he do instead? support cancer causing chemicals and manufacturing and distribution of more cancer causing chemicals onto food sources, onto plant life, onto wild creatures, into estaturaries riparian habitats through agriculture run off using the piss poor chemical solutions to ag issues he supported, allowed, n o promoted.

Did it not disapoint you that a major leader, a player in planning and implementation of destruction of health and ecosystem was - later a leader in the mormon church?

how could you follow that prophet?

when that prophet was called- was the death knell to my faith.
I knew God wasn't dead- my church was. If this, man, with this loyalty and integrity to an eco destruction, to implementing further plantetary poisoning could EVER be prophet- my church was dead.

that was the end. then I saw the hero worship and adulation to this man, the books, from mormons surrounding me even in my own family- its as if their brains went off, like alight switch turned all thought off- allowed no intelligent thought. (sigh) because they called a person who failed to use political appointments and office to save the planet or attemtpt to restrain ecocide, to save fetal development not only in frogs and bird but babies as well- and he didn't he let the agressive chemicals into the environment and did not put safer ones in or protect people and regulate them.

I could have no faith in him. That was when I knew- God was not in charge. God was no longer in charge of my church. if He had ever been. How horrible.

Any one else disapointed by a prophet's life? Care to list the things that have horribly disapointed you here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.