Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 01:35PM

Why doesn't Tommy just nail down some of the controversial doctrine and declare it as true or not true? Is that so difficult for the Lord's mouthpiece on the Earth?

Tommy: HF, is the BOM a real history of real people, yes or no?

Burning bosom = it's real, state it in GC, end of subject.

Stupor of thought = it's not real, state it in GC, tell people it's symbolic, but inspired and it's the lessons that matter, end of subject.
Cup
I mean, if the POG can't get a yes or no burning bosom, why do people give him any prophetic credit? And why should we peons ever expect to get answers? It's not even a difficult issue that needs further explanation and apologetics. It's a simple yes it is or no it isn't. And there are many issues like that in mormonism. Put them to freakin rest already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 02:56PM by NormaRae.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 02:01PM

One would assume that (if tommy is a TBM) then he already thinks it is true

of course he could nail down the exact location

but that information is not pertinent to out salvation (unlike the number of earrings that a person can wear)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 02:02PM by EssexExMo.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 02:27PM

Why am I thinking Magic Eight Ball.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 06:16PM

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 06:27PM

Thank you Riverman.
Always wanted one.

Now all of us can be Profits!

PS Q: "can I have a beer now?"
A: "As I see it, yes."

I like this 8 ball.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 06:29PM by zenjamin.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 06:34PM

Q: Why?

A: Concentrate and ask again.

Story of my bloody life.

Posted by: Filipe ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 03:07PM

Tommy: HF can you please tell me exactly where to find some of these Nephite cities. People are saying it is bullshit and I know that you are all knowing so throw me a bone.

Amen.

Posted by: mcflyrocks1 ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 03:20PM

I'm getting 59 pets

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 03:35PM

I guess I just don't get the disconnect. People claim having a living profit to tell us God's will is what makes TSCC so great. So why do they accept the status quo of ambiguous committee-driven answers to gospel questions? Especially simple ones that can be confirmed by a little heartburn.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 04:00PM

If you study the man, you can always tell that Monson is in a "stupor of thought."

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 06:09PM

They have a lot of nerve calling themselves "prophets, seers, and revelators" when they cannot prophesy, see or reveal anything.

Posted by: Loins of Fire ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 06:23PM

I think a better question is - why is God so God damn confusing?

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 07:05PM

I remember being forced to watch GC on TV when I was young.

Every time I watched I expected some profound revelation or piece of information to come out of the prophets mouth. Every time I was left with nothing but the same old boring speeches. Its amazing how many times mormons can watch that crap.

I guess its why they're always talking up the prophet and GC like it's really something special. They have to try and make something out of it to justify their loyalty to the whole show.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 11:42PM

+1

It would be much easier to listen to the words of the prophets if they weren't so boring!

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 02:47AM

Hell, the Prophet doesn't even know if you can drink cold coffee out of a Pepsi can.

Someone suggested that if the prophet dies, the Mormon church could just replay one of the previous conferences, and no one would know the difference.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 03:07AM

axeldc - you are wrong in one regard. They prophesize that TBMS will remains morons, will continue to hand money to them forever, and hence they will be seers of dollar signs and revealers of huge bank accounts always.
I agree with NormaRae - what the Hell is so difficult in answering YES or NO questions? They have God on speed dial so what's the problem?
We all know the problem. They know nothing at all. The only symbol they worship is the $. The most pathetic poor excuse for a religion to ever exist.
In the "Sound of Silence," the words of the prophets are written on the Subway walls. I should go to NY again and check it out.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.