Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 01:45PM

Wasn't it nice to see that Cody's (sister wives) best friend is out of the church too, and to top it off all the wives are bitchin and ready to scratch each others eyes out? How bout the comment made that they sleep with creep but are afraid to show any kind of affection within the disfunctional family. wait till the show gets cancelled and there is no income and everyone has to get a real job, this is a train wreck waiting to happen. Can't wait.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Freedom ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 02:27PM

Am I right in thinking Cody was LDS before joining the polygamy group. Wasn't his second wife also LDS?

So is Cody's best friend out of the polygamy group or the LDS church?

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 03:36PM

Kody was LDS before joining the AUB. His parents converted while he was on his mission and then when he got back he converted too. His best friend was LDS as well and left all religion after he got home from his mission. It was pretty cool to see an ex-mo on Sister Wives.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 01:32PM

This adds to the interesting public views of tscc. Two missionaries try to sell the church and when they return one is an exmo and the other leaves for a different cult. Even if the tbms saw it, they probably wouldn't get that the marketers of the church find out what a scam it is while selling the goods.

It seems reality tv shows many examples of fallen tbms. One was on survivor another on bachelorette. I am sure there are others.

The only tbms that make the tv or news are rapists and murderers. Seems like a public relations nightmare. I wonder how many tbms leave because of what tv has brought to light.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 06:11PM

Cody went shopping for his wives. Bought them each a mothers day gift. He bought his favorite wife a clock. The others got corny signs to hang on the wall.

Who do you think got the clock? Yep, times a tickin.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 06:39PM

I've never seen women crying as much as they do on Sister Wives. Good thing they have the Book of Mormon to bring happiness and cheer to their lives.

And I agree that the newest wife is obviously favored. There's an argument against polygamy right there.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 06:54PM

they are all just blubblering babies on that show...except for K0DEEEE of course

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 07:01PM

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 08:59PM

In every scene the "happy Sisterwives" are digging at their eyes, wiping away tears.

They're soooooooo damned happy they can't stop crying!

The Sisterwives love each other sooooooooo much that Cody is forbidden to even touch any of them while in the presence of another, or show the slightest affection.

The builder of their 4 homes observed that with the young, skinny newer-model sister wife, Cody acted like they were still newlyweds.

Shit will hit then fan when the old, larger models hear that one!

Date: January 06, 2014 09:04PM

lol, ya I saw that episode. I do like sister wife Janelle. She seems to be the only semi-sane person. But you can tell she gets zero action from Ko-derp

Date: January 06, 2014 09:15PM

I totally agree!

Janelle, shows up for taping day, but obviously avoids contact with the adults in the family at all costs. Lol

In every scene she sings the praises of her newfound independence. She wants no more children, I'm assuming that includes Cody!

She seems to deal with her large family gatherings by hanging in the back and waiting for the horror to end.

Date: January 06, 2014 09:24PM

Back in Utah Janelle was the other income earner in the family. She said she loved being able to go to work and let her sister wives take care of the kids. She has talked several times about leaving the family. I think now that she has her own house she will probably stick around and keep raking the money in from the show. She can avoid the other adults and her kids can still be close to their brothers and sisters.

Date: January 06, 2014 09:26PM

I liked it when they were at that marriage retreat and they had to stand next to each other to show how "close" they felt to each member of the family and Janelle stood about 20 feet away from EVERYONE! lol

Posted by: bvd ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 07:08PM

I know someone who's sister married Cody's brother. There is a lot of drama that goes on in that family that doesn't make the show.

Date: January 06, 2014 08:51PM

The first honest affection that I've witnessed on that show was between Cody and his HOT Exmo boyfriend.

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 09:55PM

+1

Date: January 06, 2014 09:29PM

I think the tradition of not showing affection probably started when Janelle was added to the family. Apparently Meri and Janelle did not get along at all at first and Janelle almost went back to her parents. They couldn't share a kitchen without almost killing each other so that is why in their big house in Utah they had 3 separate kitchens. Meri did seem to be the one who had the biggest problem with it in the interviews in last night's episode. She said it okay to know he is intimate with the other wives but it doesn't need to be shoved in her face. After all these years it still sounds like she isn't comfortable with polygamy at all.

Posted by: nomorefencesitting ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 11:52PM

Dang you guys! I haven't watched an episode since Cody's fourth wife had the new baby. Now I'm going to have to start watching them again. From what you're all saying, it's getting A LOT more interesting.

Date: January 07, 2014 12:30AM

I'm always hoping that Janelle will pick up and leave the insanity. She's the only thinker in the bunch. I think the only reason she's still there is because she's been brainwashed into thinking she has no value. Really Janelle?

If I were forced to spend a day with any of them i'd pick her. I'd then spend the day telling her how they've screwed with her self image. I think she'd be an amazing person if she could set herself free from the craziness she's become embroiled in.

If I had to spend a day with Robin i'd jump off a bridge first. She's about as wacko as they come. She makes me want to puke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 12:32AM by madalice.

Date: January 07, 2014 01:02AM

I totally agree. Christine would be my next pick (if I was forced to choose)

Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 12:49PM

Interesting most of the semi adult kids want no part of polygamy and want to move back to utah? This is like a bad accident along
side the road, you have to look!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 01:52PM

The last one I saw was when Robin talked about losing her chastity. She gave a lesson to the family. That one was the very worst I've seen so far.

Date: January 07, 2014 02:03PM

That was quite the gag fest. Robin's a drama queen and a looney one at that. I think her and Cody are a good match.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.