Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon, Obviously ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 10:53AM

So, I still have ties into the church even though I have been out for years. A good friend of mine, who has a calling which gives him access to membership records(even though he is only in for his family) decided to pull a good old fashioned prank on the church. While the First Counselor to the Bishop was out of state on business for about 3 weeks, we sent in a resignation letter on his behalf. Additionally we specified no contact and immediate processing, hehe. Unfortunately it didn't get processed as quick as we hoped, as he returned before its completion. However, the discussion that took place in PEC as relayed first hand to me was priceless.

Just wanted to let the Mormons know that if they keep f*cking with us when we want to be left alone, we can return the favor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 11:04AM

Tell us about the discussion, please?

Posted by: Cactus Jim ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 12:26PM

That's just f..king stupid. How old is your friend - 12?

Posted by: jkjkjkjk ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 12:28PM

That was very bad and you should never do anything like that because there will always be doubt about maybe he did do it when he was drunk and changed his mind. I sure hope you didn't write it as if he was drunk. :)

Posted by: whatiswanted ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 12:37PM

And that is why COLDS wants to meet with the person to insure it was actually them sending in the request.

Doing a prank like that just caused a lot of people grief who want out of the church and now must continue to suffer with the visits from church leaders confirming it really is them

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 12:54PM

Not only will church security be able to identify you from what you posted (you gave too much identifying information), but you have now made the resignation process more difficult for other exmos. Shame on you.

Normally we would pull a post like this, but I'm going to leave it up as an example of dumb behavior.

Fellow exmos, please don't do foolish things like this.

CZ (admin)

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 02:19PM

I was just going to say that this will probably make it harder for people to resign.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.