Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 03:08PM

This is funny because the Bible thumpers in Oklahoma City were so intent on having the 10 Commandments in a public, government space that it opened the doors to everyone.

One quote I thought was awesome was a rep who said, "I don't condsider Satanism a religion." However, this is probably a guy who does consider Atheism a religion when it fits his purposes. Atheists around the country aren't scrambling to erect monuments to no god.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27966582&nid=1016&title=group-unveils-satan-statue-design-for-oklahoma-&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-4

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 03:18PM

Could make a great fable, "once upon a time, intolerant bigots forced their faith onto....."

Date: January 07, 2014 03:29PM

The Utah State Capitol has the Ten Commandments. I think Dudeists should petition to have a monument which says, "Take it Easy".

Posted by: csuprovostudent ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 04:32PM

I hear that Pastafarians are proposing a Flying Spaghetti Monster monument, too...

@Wm. Law: "Take It Easy, Man." More to the Dudeist ideal, ifyouknowhutimean...

Date: January 07, 2014 05:51PM

You're so right, which is why I could never go undercover into that shadowy organization--i don't have the lingo down. And god only know what they would do once I was found out.

Posted by: The other Sofia ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 04:35PM

They keep letting them put up bigger and bigger crosses next to churches. Now there are three huge ones, lit up and right next to the interstate. I hope a Satanist wants to put up a monument here. I am so tired of these obnoxious eyesores with no thought that some people might find them offensive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 04:36PM by The other Sofia.

Posted by: gungholierthanthou ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 06:22PM

Egalitarianism's a bitch!

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 06:25PM

"We need to be tolerant of people who think different than us, but this is Oklahoma, and (the Satan statue) is not going to fly here."
–Rep. Don Armes

Lol! Yeah, we're totally tolerant of everybody... but, not THOSE GUYS!

This is a clear-cut case of equal protection. If you allow religions to erect statues in your public building, you have to allow ALL religions to do so.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.