Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: karin ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 03:36PM

at Amazon.ca! I bought it after Christmas and am just starting to read it. I'm having a hoot! Raptor Jesus is telling it like it is ( except he forgot to mention the continuous talk about food storage in Sacrament meetings, but maybe that was before his time, ha ha)! Makes me almost proud to have had the privilege of being dragged into a cult by my unsuspecting parents who were just looking for a church to go to and were also interested in the South American ruins. Well, they were damn lucky that both of those questions were answered by the same 2 good looking guys wandering around in our neighborhood one day. Guess none of the other neighbors cared about the poor schmucks who built all those fascinating things down south because we were the only family on the street who succumbed to their message. (and we kids made fun of the poor sucker JW kids at the end of the street, not knowing we were in the same mess as they ! Karma's a bitch!)

So thank You raptor Jesus for making my day!

Will post a review on amazon ...and maybe goodreads, but goodreads shows stuff on facebook and I'm not sure I'm brave enuf to let the mormonns on facebook know I read it, esp. as one of them is really proud that her daughter is on a mission and it's ok to tell everyone about that, but turn-around may not be fair play on facebook, and I am not anonymous there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 11:43PM

I can't believe I didn't talk more about food storage either. That must have been a drunken oversight.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 11:50PM

It should be easy to set up a different Goodreads account using a different email address and ID so that your review should not show up on your FB page. I've known a friend to do that to review books of erotica because she wants to keep her reading interest private!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.